Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

13 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Sox should want no part of Price 

I cannot imagine Boston would eat $60 million just to move him, there's a difference between teams expressing interest and actually trading for him. 

The $24 million was in reference to the AAV not the total contract value.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

Getting down to the $24 million mentioned in the article.

No way they’re getting anything of value selling Price at 3/$72M.  Kluber, a guy who put up 30 WAR over the five years preceding a bad 2019 returned a high end relief prospect plus an Adam Engle type.  His contract situation is so much more team friendly than the Price deal you’re proposing and he offers way more upside.  Honestly, I think Price would be lucky to get 3/$50M even in this market, which means your $22M too high.

22 minutes ago, bmags said:

There's been a lot of red flag pitchers getting paid. Clearly there are multiple teams bidding on price, which is a good position for Boston to be in.

Do I think anyone will feel sad about whatever return boston gets, not really, I also don't even want price. But the fact is Boston will almost certainly be able to shed price to the dollar amount they need.

It's another feather in the cap for not worrying so much about the last few years of a deal.

Who are all these “red flag” pitchers getting paid?

28 minutes ago, Lillian said:

All I will say is, if any team is dumb enough to accept the kind of deal that Boston is proposing, it better not be the White Sox. I will be really shocked if Bloom gets the kind of deal, for which he is asking. 

I think that this off season needed to be about pitching, pitching, pitching.  But I whole heartedly agree with you about this.

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

so a top 10 prospect and a top 30 one for a guy with about 40 million in dead money on his deal relative to production and a 2.5 WAR corner OF already in arb.

Gammons, just retire dude you called the wrong number that wasn't a Red Sox FO member that answered it was the Barstool Boston guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

so a top 10 prospect and a top 30 one for a guy with about 40 million in dead money on his deal relative to production and a 2.5 WAR corner OF already in arb.

Gammons, just retire dude you called the wrong number that wasn't a Red Sox FO member that answered it was the Barstool Boston guy.

Totally agree with you! One of the dumber trade possibilities I've read lately.

But, since we are talking about the White Sox FO ... what if this was actually true??

Just now, QBBrian13 said:

Totally agree with you! One of the dumber trade possibilities I've read lately.

But, since we are talking about the White Sox FO ... what if this was actually true??

It's not, and if it is the talks are over and Boston isn't really interested in moving price. 

• Thanks 1

Let's look at the track records and see which is more likey:

A) Peter Gammons, who has always had great ties with Boston, is simply mistaken

B) The White Sox front office, which has made one questionable decision after another, who have also shown an ineptitude in evaluating their own prospects, are seriously considering this.

2 minutes ago, bachy said:

B) The White Sox front office, which has made one questionable decision after another, who have also shown an ineptitude in evaluating their own prospects, are seriously considering this.

Gammo is senile as all shit dude.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bachy said:

I've ripped KW, RH as much as anyone, but there is no chance they would trade Madrigal and Vaughn in the same deal, let alone for a 35 year old injured pticher, unless they were guaranteed the ALC title the next 3 or 4 years.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bachy said:

Show me a single mega trade the sox have made in recent memory where they got completely fleeced. 

It's almost like fans cant seperate the teams inability to do well in other areas from their ability to do well in trades.

There is nothing about hahns trade history that makes me concerned that hes going to give up the farm here.

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

If Boston is really talking Betts trade with Dodgers, the Price trade probably lingers for a while 

Everyone is saying nightengale report is likely nonsense.

Said this before but the red sox arent trading Mookie. I also think they want to do everything they fan to resign him but they dont want to publically show that and take away the little leverage they have in shedding salaries.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Show me a single mega trade the sox have made in recent memory where they got completely fleeced. 

It's almost like fans cant seperate the teams inability to do well in other areas from their ability to do well in trades.

There is nothing about hahns trade history that makes me concerned that hes going to give up the farm here.

Does Shields/Tatis count? 

4 minutes ago, bachy said:

A is more likely

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Everyone is saying nightengale report is likely nonsense.

Said this before but the red sox arent trading Mookie. I also think they want to do everything they fan to resign him but they dont want to publically show that and take away the little leverage they have in shedding salaries.

Completely agree with this. I really wonder if Boston's goal of shedding salaries is more for a Betts extension rather than moving payroll under the luxury tax.