Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

Just now, Lillian said:

I have not given any credence to the speculation that Bloom asked for either Vaughn, or Madrigal. I have no idea. My statement about the Red Sox having unreasonable demands was based solely on Bloom's public pronouncements, regarding the kind of deal he is suggesting for Price.

I gotcha. I think he knows if he wants to keep Betts for whatever reason, he needs to dump Price and JBJ. I'm sure he's just waiting out the market. 

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think they'll have two new pitchers, a 2B and probably another DH option, yes. Not sure on who those players are though. 

If the Sox add a 2B and a DH option, do you think Collins just starts in AAA?  Not sure how he fits into the mix at all if we add a DH option. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox add a 2B and a DH option, do you think Collins just starts in AAA?  Not sure how he fits into the mix at all if we add a DH option. 

If they go into the season without any additions, I think Collins is the DH vs RHP. No idea what happens if they add someone. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If they add someone I think Collins is traded.  I could see him being the main piece in a Price/Beni deal.

• Like 1

The reason that I chose Keuchel and Nova as my personal choices, to target for the rotation, is that they are both a change of pace from our fireballing starters. Kopech, Cease and Lopez all throw hard. Moreover, maybe Nova could teach his cutter and Keuchel could help some of our guys to induce more ground balls. Of course, I would have much preferred Cole and Strasburg, but that was never going to happen, not even half of that fantasy. They're also both pretty durable.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lillian said:

The reason that I chose Keuchel and Nova as my personal choices, to target for the rotation, is that they are both a change of pace from our fireballing starters. Kopech, Cease and Lopez all throw hard. Moreover, maybe Nova could teach his cutter and Keuchel could help some of our guys to induce more ground balls. Of course, I would have much preferred Cole and Strasburg, but that was never going to happen, not even half of that fantasy. They're also both pretty durable.

Very reasonable choices IMHO.  Both ground ball pitchers which is a good thing on the South Side.

11 hours ago, Steve9347 said:

Meh. He started hot but finished with an OPS+ of 96. 

He got hurt in July and played but ended up on IL in August. I doubt they will want Madrigal or Vaughn looking at their top prospects.  Rumors  of the Dodger trade says they will most likely  want an OF and SP in return. My guess is they will want Cease and Hahn says no.  Not sure if Lopez is an option. 

4 hours ago, Lillian said:

I would assume the preference would be to add a LH since we need at least one especially w the uncertainty of Rodon. So another plus w Keuchel or  Ryu or even Price.  

13 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

so uhh no one is talking about this, but why can't we just trade madrigal for snell, vaugh for sale, and sign keuchel?

rotation Snell, Sale, Gio, Kopech, Keuchel and we win the next 2 or 4 world series

Because the Rays would want a true "high impact" player like Robert in order to trade away four years of Snell.

Something like Robert and Cease would be the minimum request, or Robert and Vaughn.

If they trade him away for anything less, they have no chance to compete year-in and year-out with the Yankees, Red Sox and eventually the Blue Jays again.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Because the Rays would want a true "high impact" player like Robert in order to trade away four years of Snell.

Something like Robert and Cease would be the minimum request, or Robert and Vaughn.

If they trade him away for anything less, they have no chance to compete year-in and year-out with the Yankees, Red Sox and eventually the Blue Jays again.

I'm being sarcastic, sorry!

Just so tired of the White sox and dumpster diving. 

I'm losing my mind. 

33 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

so uhh no one is talking about this, but why can't we just trade madrigal for snell, vaugh for sale, and sign keuchel?

rotation Snell, Sale, Gio, Kopech, Keuchel and we win the next 2 or 4 world series

I’m sure the fake Twitter feed in your MLB The Show franchise went nuts. 

You really want to commit to paying Price $18 million a season for the next three years?

That's a HUGE gamble.  It would be one thing if it was only one year and realistically achievable incentives to lock in the deal for 2021, but to have that contract covering 2 out of 3 most important contention years seems as high-risk as it comes.