Jump to content
fathom

Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

Recommended Posts

if madrigal and or vaughn are in a deal it better be for a stud with at least 4 years cost controlled.

those are the types of guys you can trade away when you are 1 piece away (ie gleyber for chapman), not trying to improve on a 72 win season 

Edited by daa84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id rather give up McCann than Collins if that's what BOS needs. With his new swing,  OBP and power, Collins could be valuable esp as a LHH.

And he'd make losing Vaughn easier if he transitions to 1B assuming he can be a .250/.360/.475 guy if his changes work out permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

angels with Ryu. 

That's fine with me.....well not the Ryu part but the price part. Let them absorb that garbage contract. 

So Moreno is willing to pay bazillion in contracts but we can't even beat them out on like a 3/65 deal for Ryu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Id rather give up McCann than Collins if that's what BOS needs. With his new swing,  OBP and power, Collins could be valuable esp as a LHH.

And he'd make losing Vaughn easier if he transitions to 1B assuming he can be a .250/.360/.475 guy if his changes work out permanently.

I would think Boston wants him for the reasons you listed. Nobody wants him for the way he catches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DaGame2584 said:

Where is a link to what he said?

There was a reddit post which he deleted saying the angels were out on Cole, were trading Cozart to Giants, and then targeting Rendon, then trading for Price and signing Ryu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Where did he say price was going?

Said angels were involved on him and Ryu... Was right on cozart, cole to nyy, rendon to laa, wacha to nym prior to announcements.

Edited by Soxnfins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that the motivation and urgency for Boston was to shed payroll. I think that is more important to them than acquiring prospects. The whole reason it would make sense for these two teams to make a deal is that Boston needs to unload salary and our Sox have the significant payroll flexibility. Therefore, what would likely entice Bloom the most would be to take on the entire Price contract. If we do that, they would probably not need any prospects, save perhaps a lesser guy, just to save face, with their rabid fan base. Now, the question is; Which player would we accept and they be willing to include, in order to entice Hahn to accommodate Bloom's desperate desire to off load that Price contract? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wegner said:

So who are the free agent pitchers we can do this all over with again next off season?

Jose Quintana!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wegner said:

So who are the free agent pitchers we can do this all over with again next off season?

Stroman, Bauer, Quintana, Ray, Hamels, Tanaka, Arrieta, possibly Kluber as I'm confused about his option.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lillian said:

I thought that the motivation and urgency for Boston was to shed payroll. I think that is more important to them than acquiring prospects. The whole reason it would make sense for these two teams to make a deal is that Boston needs to unload salary and our Sox have the significant payroll flexibility. Therefore, what would likely entice Bloom the most would be to take on the entire Price contract. If we do that, they would probably not need any prospects, save perhaps a lesser guy, just to save face, with their rabid fan base. Now, the question is; Which player would we accept and they be willing to include, in order to entice Hahn to accommodate Bloom's desperate desire to off load that Price contract? 

Yes, though I will say everytime this board thinks a team will bend over backwards to shed salary it ends up being nothing close to it.

The cozart deal was the best example recently of what we all think will happen and the sox weren't in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

Stroman, Bauer, Quintana, Ray, Hamels, Tanaka, Arrieta, possibly Kluber as I'm confused about his option.

Don't forget about the ever popular Rick Porcello... And I believe Kluber has another $18M team option for 2021.... with a $1M buyout.

Edited by Soxnfins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

Yes, though I will say everytime this board thinks a team will bend over backwards to shed salary it ends up being nothing close to it.

The cozart deal was the best example recently of what we all think will happen and the sox weren't in it.

Perfect example of what we wanted the Sox to do the last 3 years with a lower payroll and they never did it. What a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Said angels were involved on him and Ryu... Was right on cozart, cole to nyy, rendon to laa, wacha to nym prior to announcements.

Im assuming he said nothing about us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Im assuming he said nothing about us?

Nope.  Angels reddit is Eppler's burner account, confirmed. Lol

Edited by Soxnfins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Boston might have to get creative to offload the 34-year-old, potentially attaching an enticing young pitcher or paying down some of Price’s salary to facilitate a trade."

 

Another take with a pitching prospect attached.  Hahn needs to wait for the rumor that Sale is attached to the Price trade and then jump on it.  That rumor should be around by the weekend..................

 

 

https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2019/12/david-price-trade-rumors-cardinals-white-sox-among-5-teams-in-on-boston-red-sox-starter-report.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the White Sox pony up, take that dinosaur, and somehow land Andrew Benintendi... I will shit my pantaloons.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×