Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right

fathom

Sox should stay VERY clear of this deal in any way. But since it makes no sense we'll probably end up doing it. Just like Mazara. 

IF we want to really take the steps of being the next "it" team then we should probably refrain from bailing out bad contracts from our competition while getting back a still expensive, over the hill pitcher.. even if its $51mm over 3 years - that's the type of contract that can land you a better, younger David Price in FA. And why JBJ? $11mm in FA again can do you better. And you help out the BoSox in possibly retaining Betts. Keep your $40-50mm that you'd pay Price, plus $11mm to JBJ and bank it towards 2 years on the Betts contract next offseason. That way when some team offers 8/260 and we offer 6/200 for Betts we don't have an excuse... 

Also Bientiendi is overrated. 

Very White Sox move though - so can't wait for it. Hahn will find a way to screw this up before it even gets fun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Drugs.

I don’t really see the fit either, but I certainly would take him in RF over Mazara defensively. Mazara could theoretically DH. Don’t really see the fit with Benintendi either, tho I guess I’d you’re forcing me to take Price and cash id take him. 

• Haha 1

Mazara trade does make sense, though. He's better than any RFer we currently have, won't block Adolfo or Rutherford if they put it together in the next year or two, or prevent the acquisition of a better RFer in the near future, when some who can actually play a legit RF will be available. If he shows any improvement, he should be tradeable as well. 

20 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Eventually some of these prospects will likely be traded but they should save them to be packed in deals that get us a better player than Price. I would hate to see our trade chips wasted on him. Price has not been staying heathy the past few years either. 

It's really unfortunate that Burdi, Dunning, Lambert, Burger, Adolfo, and Basabe were all either hurt for most of the season or completely out of commission. That's a lot of potential trade chips that are unproven and all coming off injuries. Leaves such a select few amount of resources to work with via trades.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

It's really unfortunate that Burdi, Dunning, Lambert, Burger, Adolfo, and Basabe were all either hurt for most of the season or completely out of commission. That's a lot of potential trade chips that are unproven and all coming off injuries. Leaves such a select few amount of resources to work with via trades.

It’s okay.  Just wait.  We could have a full MLB roster of top talents AND a super deep farm of top talent this time next year.  2020 might end up being Christmas all year. 

1 hour ago, BrianAnderson said:

Sox should stay VERY clear of this deal in any way.

Also Bientiendi is overrated. 

Very White Sox move though 

Yep

Yep (that's why he's on the block hoping some dupe will trade real talent for him)
and Yep

And, as said above, it all helps out the RedSox with their financial problems (just like they did for the Indians last season; I would suggest helping themselves instead)

Edited by GreenSox

6 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I've ripped KW, RH as much as anyone, but there is no chance they would trade Madrigal and Vaughn in the same deal, let alone for a 35 year old injured pticher, unless they were guaranteed the ALC title the next 3 or 4 years.

One of those for the 35 year old injured pitcher is too many.
Them liking Price - who, although in  decline,  was one of the best pitchers in baseball  several years ago -  is the way the White  Sox FO has viewed the game for a long time.

Maybe Rutherford - if they must have Price.

Edited by GreenSox

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

say they throw in like 25 million, which is realistic -- maybe 40 man scrub like Engel and then whatever random C+ prospect they want.  But if they do that they should have just signed Wheeler!

The Red Sox are going to expect the White Sox to pay him $71 million over 3 years AND send them ANYTHING?

WHY? WHY? WHY?

Or the White Sox are going to get $71 million from the Red Sox (that seems even more unrealistic)...

22 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

What would you guys trade for just David Price and cash?

Depends how much cash. He's probably not going to get you more than a 4-5 starter would, so they would need to chip in a lot. I don't know if its worth it for them.

Just now, DH in the NL said:

Why does anyone really want Price? We'll all be pissed that we have him when he's getting lit up in June. The guy is done

Because if we aren't going to spend the money for Ryu there are no other options who have any chance of being a #2-#3 starter without trading away someone like Robert, and we desperately need one right now without trading away an untradeable player.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1