Sox Fan Therapy thread

Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We're all in this thread because we're questioning the organizational commitment to winning. 

I'm starting to be convinced that Jerry and Bill Wirtz spent too much time together at the UC. 

I truly believe that Hahn and KW have a commitment to winning.

Even JR, to some degree, is committed to winning.... but the means to get to winning must conform to his stipulations first and foremost. He wants to win, but he has a duty to the the rest of the morons who own part of this team. They got together in invested in this team because that's what it is.... an investment. You can't compromise that with 300M contracts.

Contrast that with Moreno who is just some rich dude who probably doesn't give a rats ass if he loses a few million because the Angels are his cool toy hobby. 

5 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I truly believe that Hahn and KW have a commitment to winning.

Even JR, to some degree, is committed to winning.... but the means to get to winning must conform to his stipulations first and foremost. He wants to win, but he has a duty to the the rest of the morons who own part of this team. They got together in invested in this team because that's what it is.... an investment. You can't compromise that with 300M contracts.

Contrast that with Moreno who is just some rich dude who probably doesn't give a rats ass if he loses a few million because the Angels are his cool toy hobby. 

They need to get with the times. Either do it like the Rays/A's or spend with the big boys. 

I think we'd all understand if they had a top notch player development, analytics and international scouting program and still were willing to go into FA for guys like Grandal and Wheeler. 

Jerry refuses to spend internationally. He refuses to spend on player development/scouting. He refuses to spend on analytics. He refuses to spend in FA. This is the way you become the 1993-2012 Pittsburgh Pirates. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want to tell you a secret.....Sampson is right!

@Quin

I started this thread because the Rendon thread was getting hijacked. 

The best part is just as the Sox get ready to compete, there will be a work stoppage just like 1994. 

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The best part is just as the Sox get ready to compete, there will be a work stoppage just like 1994. 

Oh joy. Then they come out of it and fall off of a cliff. Fun. 

I don't want to be serious. I want to be funny and get other people laughing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Hopefully all this crazy/free spending in the current off-season mitigates some of that risk.

Of course, the other thing to worry about is pitch framing being being negated by robot umpires and Grandal getting "old" in 2021, just when we need him.  That, also, would be so White Sox.

And, of course, being at least one pitcher short in the starting rotation, the story of so many White Sox teams over the decades.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I'm 90% sure he's just playing along to amuse everyone...rather than bothering to argue or provide a more positive counterpoint.

No I'm being serious.  I really think there will be a work stoppage just when the Sox are ready to seriously compete just like 1994. I think the CBA expires in December 2021.  I think there will be a strike. I hope it doesn't cancel the entire 2021 post season.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

No I'm being serious.  I really think there will be a work stoppage just when the Sox are ready to seriously compete just like 1994. I think the CBA expires in December 2021.  I think there will be a strike. I hope it doesn't cancel the entire 2021 post season.

It would be so whitesox to have JR at the helm of a nice labor dispute right around the time they are ready to go on a roll.  

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

It would be so whitesox to have JR at the helm of a nice labor dispute right around the time they are ready to go on a roll.  

He will be 85 at that point so hopefully he isn’t still pushing his anti-labor agenda and at the forefront of the owners by then. 

JR and his investment group should cash out at this point and sell the team to someone who wants to take on the Cubs as they appear to be reaching their weakest.

You idiots made so much money off of this franchise. Cash the fuck out and enjoy being stupid rich FFS. Sell to a Moreno type who wants to play the game and win this city back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoxFanForever said:

He will be 85 at that point so hopefully he isn’t still pushing his anti-labor agenda and at the forefront of the owners by then. 

He is old right now.  Looks like he is actual Egyptian and believes that Anubis will allow him to pass into the afterlife with all of his gold.  If he doesn't care about going for it now.  Its not like in 2 years he will change his thoughts on the subject.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, South Sider said:

JR and his investment group should cash out at this point and sell the team to someone who wants to take on the Cubs as they appear to be reaching their weakest.

You idiots made so much money off of this franchise. Cash the fuck out and enjoy being stupid rich FFS. Sell to a Moreno type who wants to play the game and win this city back.

They don't want to because of the capital gains tax.

3 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

He is old right now.  Looks like he is actual Egyptian and believes that Anubis will allow him to pass into the afterlife with all of his gold.  If he doesn't care about going for it now.  Its not like in 2 years he will change his thoughts on the subject.  

Oh I don’t have any illusions off him changing.  I just hope he will be too old to be involved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

They don't want to because of the capital gains tax.

They spent 19 million (worth 52m today), have probably made many millions on ownership. The franchise is now worth 1.5 billion. Do the fans a fucking solid and cash out. Capital gains tax be damned, that's a hefty sum of money and hey... it means that the investors won. They bought this franchise for almost nothing comparitively, and now they have something worth over a billion. 

Buy low, sell high. Give us an owner who wants a shiny new toy hobby instead of this tired shit.

9 minutes ago, South Sider said:

They spent 19 million (worth 52m today), have probably made many millions on ownership. The franchise is now worth 1.5 billion. Do the fans a fucking solid and cash out. Capital gains tax be damned, that's a hefty sum of money and hey... it means that the investors won. They bought this franchise for almost nothing comparitively, and now they have something worth over a billion. 

Buy low, sell high. Give us an owner who wants a shiny new toy hobby instead of this tired shit.

Wishful thinking.