Other team(s) you'll root for this season?

ron883

It is obvious the Sox won't be competitive this year. Anybody have secondary teams they're interested in following and rooting for? I think I will get more joy out of that. it will be healthier than rooting for the White Sox shitshow. I always like rooting for the Athletics. Cubs are a 10 minute redline ride for me. Always a good option for games in person.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It is obvious the Sox won't be competitive this year. Anybody have secondary teams they're interested in following and rooting for? I think I will get more joy out of that. it will be healthier than rooting for the White Sox shitshow. I always like rooting for the Athletics. Cubs are a 10 minute redline ride for me. Always a good option for games in person.

I'll watch the Athletics and Rays and dream about how the Sox should be run if Jerry had a clue. 

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If Jerry won’t put a good team on the field after 3 years of rebuilding, why should fans spend their hard earned money on tickets and concessions?

Hes got us by the balls. The team is just exciting enough that people will go. Moncada and Eloy etc are worth seeing. I want to punish the Sox but I also want to see those guys in person. 😔

9 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

If Jerry won’t put a good team on the field after 3 years of rebuilding, why should fans spend their hard earned money on tickets and concessions?

Nobody cares about your announcement to leave. You owe them as much as they owe you. Nothing. Just do it and quite making a show. 

And we all know it’s just a show. 

Edited by mqr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Want to make a wager they will have a winning record this year?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Wherever I end up for graduate school --> Colorado (? :))

Great place to go. My daughter is in school out there now. I'll be there in a week to pick her up and go skiing before reluctantly coming back to Illinois. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Because they enjoy the game if baseball?

43 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Though I am appalled by the Sox refusal to speed the rebuild/tank I will still only follow the Sox. I am disgusted by modern baseball in so many aspects. Not sure why I still follow the game. The moment I see the umps call a belt high fastball a ball, it puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Want to make a wager they will have a winning record this year?

I'll take that bet but for only 2 dollars or if you demand the bet go higher, a  beer at a game. That's probably 10 to 12 bucks I'd assume.

This is pathetic, to be honest. You’ve watched horse shit rosters for the last 3 years on the Sox and now they might have a roster where every starting offensive player is part of the core and you want to avoid watching them?  I get we’re all frustrated, but the meltdown seems premature.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ron883 said:

None? I'm a die hard White Sox fan.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

This is pathetic, to be honest. You’ve watched horse shit rosters for the last 3 years on the Sox and now they might have a roster where every starting offensive player is part of the core and you want to avoid watching them?  I get we’re all frustrated, but the meltdown seems premature.

I don't see how they're going to compete with the Yankees and Astros. 

It's going to be really hard to get out of the AL. It's incredibly top heavy. 

They're going to have to make the playoffs the entire upcoming half decade to get one WS. 

Edited by Jack Parkman