Why has Hahn failed?

NCsoxfan

On 12/26/2019 at 5:46 AM, SonofaRoache said:

Hahn has a chance to be successful but the facts are the facts, we have been horrible since he took over as GM. My belief was that he is limited by power hungry Kenny and penny pinching Jerry. This offseason has been a good one, but we shall see if it translates into wins. 

The GM job is not easy.  Most of us follow just one team very closely.  We know who is on the 40 man roster and have strong opinions on players strengths and weaknesses. Even with that easy task of following one team...we don't all agree on very much.  Rick and his staff need to track 30 teams and 1200+ players.  It's easy for us to zero in on the names the national writers are tossing around like Keuchel and EE.  When a name like Mazara comes out of the blue it's hopefully because RH and his staff have been searching for the RF answer.  If Mazara bombs... the posters will all agree it was a dumb signing.  If Mazara is the greatest thing since sliced bread it will be referred to as an obvious pickup.  After player selection they can negotiate ridiculously expensive contracts & extensions that will also be criticized.  I don't know why we have struggled for the years proceeding the rebuild...but I do know that I like where we are at currently.  Obviously...I think RH is doing a very good job.  Go Sox!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fans of Soxorg have to accept that their team is not likely to sign the top few blockbuster FA's which also leads to cap issues. After the Red Sox Yanks Dodgers Angels Phils and Cubs they should be able to spend according to their aspirations. They made five incremental signings and a trade which along with a few more moves will allow them to be competitive. I expect them to somewhat follow the Mets model as poor sister in a major market, without the pratfalls, comedy and miscues. That said we need to dispense with a decade of failure as MLB's third worst team. 

Had to pee in the middle of the night yesterday. Stubbed his big toe on a door jam while getting to the bathroom, then urinated before putting the toilet seat up.

#EpicFail

Mrs. Hahn not happy. Big toe bruised, no breaks.

Edited by hi8is