Edwin Encarnacion

Dick Allen

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve heard their outfield is supposed to be Gallo, Santana and Calhoun with Choo at DH. I also believe they’re neck and neck with the Cubs for Castellanos.

Castellanos and Willie Calhoun in the corners with Choo at DH and Santana moved back to the infield would be pretty nice.  

In the event that the Sox sign EE and do not trade McCann, I think there's actually a path (if everyone stays relatively healthy) where Grandal can still catch ~110 games, DH/1B 35-40, while EE still plays in ~130+ (taking reps from Abreu at 1B on occasion). Let McCann catch the other ~50 and sub in as needed of course. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

In the event that the Sox sign EE and do not trade McCann, I think there's actually a path (if everyone stays relatively healthy) where Grandal can still catch ~110 games, DH/1B 35-40, while EE still plays in ~130+ (taking reps from Abreu at 1B on occasion). Let McCann catch the other ~50 and sub in as needed of course. 

Also provides lineup depth in case of injury. Beefing up the DH would allow you to play Leury in LF if Eloy gets injured, etc

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

What about Collins?

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Edwin is such a White Sox move. More low end mediocre players to the line up. The only reason this team is spiking in terms of hope is because the division sucks. 

I know your Padres are having a rough offseason but EE is far from "low end mediocre" 

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Honestly, I’d rather trade McCann than Collins.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

It makes no sense to trade 5 years of Collins who can still develop over 1 year of McCann.

Agree with both of you. I just think they'd trade Collins instead.