Edwin Encarnacion

Dick Allen

4 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

What am I missing? His first 5 years look pretty good to me

He had one really good seasons and a couple above average ones.  Otherwise he was a 1.5 to 2 win player, which is a slightly below average starter.  He wasn’t a bad player by any means, just not sure I’d call him “very good”.

Madrigal is going to be the guy that future little men want to emulate. I have a great feeling about that kid. He’s not going to be Pedroia or Altuve or Figgins but he might be a mixture of those and a touch of his own uniqueness. He will be great. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

Madrigal is going to be the guy that future little men want to emulate. I have a great feeling about that kid. He’s not going to be Pedroia or Altuve or Figgins but he might be a mixture of those and a touch of his own uniqueness. He will be great. 

I share your enthusiasm.

So, I've been reading some more, looking at some statistics, I'm starting to come around to Keuchel and it seems Edwin doesn't have many suitors other than us which could be really good for a nice, small, 1 or 2 year deal... can't complain about that.

Is there any chance we sign Edwin AND sign Puig? 

I just really like a Puig signing as I don't think he'll get more than one or two years, he has extreme potential, and can be a competent outfielder. 

Neither Eckstein, nor Pedroia had the elite contact skill that Madrigal projects to have. They struck out more than we should expect Nick to do. Pedroia did hit the ball harder, but we don't know how much stronger Nick might become, with a little time. I hope that he's hitting the weights hard. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Orlando said:

Funny that he had nothing on any move this winter outside of a random DM about Kuechel

That random DM put him above all the other supposed Sox insiders. Really, Steve Stone is the only insider who's words mean a damn at this point.

8 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Neither Eckstein, nor Pedroia had the elite contact skill that Madrigal projects to have. They struck out more than we should expect Nick to do. Pedroia did hit the ball harder, but we don't know how much stronger Nick might become, with a little time. I hope that he's hitting the weights hard. 

Or hits the PED's hard like Altuve