Edwin Encarnacion

Dick Allen

1 minute ago, tdsox17 said:

Indeed they are. But prospects don't get "blocked". They just don't. They either force their way to the big leagues, or they don't. Collins has not forced his way into anything. His draft status means nothing to me.

He just made his debut late this past season.  I think a bit of patience should be allowed for him.  

What’s your proposed lineup against RHP if we sign Encarnación?  Go with what you’d do and not what think Ricky would do.  Here’s my ideal lineup:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Encarnacion, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Mazara, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

I might flip-flop Robert & Anderson depending on which version of Tim we get.  And yes, I know Abreu will be hitting 3rd despite being one our worst hitters against RHP.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s your proposed lineup against RHP if we sign Encarnación?  Go with what you’d do and not what think Ricky would do.  Here’s my ideal lineup:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Encarnacion, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Mazara, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

I might flip-flop Robert & Anderson depending on which version of Tim we get.  And yes, I know Abreu will be hitting 3rd despite being one our worst hitters against RHP.

I'd bet the bank Ricky bats Tim 7th too as he usually does, especially against RHP (he moves him up vs lefties). Can't mess up the whole TA7 thing ey Ricky... 

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Encarnacion, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Mazara, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

Robert CF

Moncada 3B

Jimenez LF

Encarnacion DH

Grandal C

Abreu 1B

Anderson SS

Mazara RF

Madrigal 2B

Also, pretty informal, but the Rangers’ team OPS last year was 22 points higher than ours. Mazara still got the vast majority of his ABs in the cleanup position. I don’t see how he ever hits higher than 7th for us. Pretty cool.

6 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Encarnacion, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Mazara, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

Once Madrigal and Robert acclimate...they and Anderson will all take a shot at #1.  Madrigal is so Nellie Fox like I think eventually #2 is made for him.  Just an observation...that bottom third looks kind of interesting.  No more doing other stuff when the bottom third is up to bat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Moncada, 3B#
  3. Encarnacion, DH
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Robert, CF
  8. Mazara, RF*
  9. Madrigal, 2B

I’d go with this: 

1. Robert CF
  2. Moncada 3B
  3. Eloy LF
  4. Grandal C
  5. Encarnacion DH
  6. Abreu 1B
  7. Anderson SS
  8. Mazara RF
  9. Madrigal 2B
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, pcq said:

Twitter SNY says EE is coming. I don't want a full-time DH. 

Let's all remember the last time we had this silly debate about not wanting a full time DH and when we decided to go with the rotating nonsense instead of getting a legit option like Thome. 

This would be that again. 

If Encarnacion can be had for cheap on a one years deal, then it's a no-brainer.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

EE would block the other guys meaning Jose plays first and Yaz on the bench. This is counter-intuitive. 

The problem with the rotating DH in the Sox current situation is neither McCann nor Collins is a good enough hitter to warrant being a DH for any significant amount of appearances as such.  EE is a solid DH, and Grandal or Collins can still DH whenever he needs a rest, which he will at his age.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

The problem with the rotating DH in the Sox current situation is neither McCann nor Collins is a good enough hitter to warrant being a DH for any significant amount of appearances as such.  EE is a solid DH, and Grandal or Collins can still DH whenever he needs a rest, which he will at his age.

And truly you'd want Collins to get full time ABs down at Charlotte and catch as much as possible.  You have to assume if not traded, he's the backup catcher in 2020 at the very least if not traded..  

I for sure believe they are doing this because they do everything I am against.  Sox lineup hard to create because they have like 2 high OBP guys. I would go against right handed pitching:

1. Moncada 2. Eloy 3. Abreu 4. Grandal 5. EE 6. Anderson 7. Mazara 8. Robert 9. Madrigal.