Edwin Encarnacion

Dick Allen

1 hour ago, fathom said:

There are a lot of assumptions on here about the health of the players.  A few of them will surely spend time on the DL, and it’s a lot better to have the depth of actual big leaguers instead of having to use the likes of Skole.

Hit the nail right on the head, fathom.  Keep stacking the roster and worry about the rest later.  When we had Sale, Q, Eaton, we had superstars, but never the depth.  Right now, we have superstars in the making with so much more depth.  Let's keep adding and diminish the depth.  Plus, I hate trading for relievers and that's what we really need outside of a platoon partner with Mazara.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Monday & Tuesday according to Heyman.

Just speculation but my theory (or maybe Christmas wish) is they already have an agreement in place and are just waiting till father’s funeral and giving some time to make it official (somewhat based on Hector’s comments and smoke the other day). 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

EE, Castellanos on a one year deal and McCann to LAA for Adell?

We BACK! 

Dude... Adell would cost you Cease/Kopech and Madrigal.. McCann will net you Calhoun if he was still on their team... Just stop.

Edited by cjgalloway
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Unless they're trying to put together a very strong lineup with depth to compete with the big boys.

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I agree with James.  Doesn’t make a ton of sense me.  Encarnación seems pretty much wrapped.  I do think they’ll add a platoon partner for Mazara though, but one far cheaper.  I don’t think they view Engel as a viable option and I’m guessing they prefer Leury is a true super utility role.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree with James.  Doesn’t make a ton of sense me.  Encarnación seems pretty much wrapped.  I do think they’ll add a platoon partner for Mazara though, but one far cheaper.  I don’t think they view Engel as a viable option and I’m guessing they prefer Leury is a true super utility role.

Who do you think they’ll get? Souza? Pence?

Maybe the bench will be McCann, Collins, Leury, and whoever the Sox get to platoon with Mazara.