Edwin Encarnacion

Dick Allen

28 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Agreed.  They've got a long way to go before they're finished with this offseason. 

And let's get to the part of "being good" first before demanding every hole gets filled in one off-season.  I get the sense Sox fans are a little too demanding in trying to build a WS contender in one off-season.  That's almost impossible to get done coming from where we are in the rebuild.  And it still involves a lot of luck, than just player additions.

Patience.  Let's get to good first and then see where we stand.

I don’t think the Sox are going to trade McCann at any point this season. Why not have a position of strength? They arguably have the best catching tandem in bigs right now, it makes no sense to trade him plus even if they sign EE, they still have some flexibility at C/DH/1B. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don’t think the Sox are going to trade McCann at any point this season. Why not have a position of strength? They arguably have the best catching tandem in bigs right now, it makes no sense to trade him plus even if they sign EE, they still have some flexibility at C/DH/1B. 

This. He’s worth more to us as a backup C than anything he’d bring in a trade, and that’s not knocking him at all. Keep him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

And let's get to the part of "being good" first before demanding every hole gets filled in one off-season.  I get the sense Sox fans are a little too demanding in trying to build a WS contender in one off-season.  That's almost impossible to get done coming from where we are in the rebuild.  And it still involves a lot of luck, than just player additions.

Patience.  Let's get to good first and then see where we stand.

Yeah,  but no sense not filling the holes that are easily filled now.

8 minutes ago, Baron said:

Cool. What about the time he got the Dwight Howard trade wrong 3 times? 

More people are believing him these days because he has gotten better with deleting his tweets that are eventually proven wrong. Unfortunately he’s still the same guesser he always has been

Edited by Jose Abreu

2 hours ago, Lillian said:

Is there anyone in the Sox organization, who would be capable of providing adequate defense, if McCann is traded and then Grandal were injured? Neither Zavala, nor Mercedes are considered good defensive catchers. Think of it like this; If McCann were traded, then Grandal were injured, our catching tandem would be Collins and Zavala. Yikes!! No thanks.

I am 100% not ok going into the season with Collins as the 2nd Catcher.  Signing EE does in no way shape or form make McCann expendable.  I have faith that Collin's bat could be an asset at DH going forward, but I have seen nothing to convince me that he is capable of handling the Catching duties in the bigs for 60+ important games in pursuit of a Wild Card or the Central Division.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tsak31 said:

So is anything going to happen tonight? I’m supposed to be spending time with family but can’t stop looking on the message board!

I’d pack it in. I think Edwin will sign with us soon, but he buried his dad yesterday and it’s Christmas Eve. Nobody’s dealing with this tonight.

23 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I’d pack it in. I think Edwin will sign with us soon, but he buried his dad yesterday and it’s Christmas Eve. Nobody’s dealing with this tonight.

Just got excited after Kinander, Hector, and Stoney’s tweets that it might actually happen today.

Bob was also spotted in the entourage of Social Influencers in Saudi Arabia...

In all seriousness, shocked that Lillian isn’t backing a left handed hitter.

McCann doesn’t have to traded unless we get the exact piece we want (bullpen or young RH outfielder) we want.  It’s that simple.  We don’t have to give up on Collins, either.  Look how long it took before Tyler Flowers became a legit big leaguer with the Braves.  Catchers usually mature in their late 20s as capable receivers and game callers.  It’s not an overnight process.   Better to hold onto our embarrassment of riches and force another team to make an overpay if one of their top guys go down.

• Like 2