Edwin Encarnacion

Dick Allen

25 minutes ago, Quin said:

So how do we feel about this compared to Castellanos?

Less defensive flexibility (not saying much considering NC's skill in the OF), lower average, more power, roughly equal OBP, and more flexibility for the future.

I think I prefer EE's power in the Cell / leaves room for Vaughn in the future.

I prefer EE over Castellanos.  If both would take one year deals, I’d go with Nick simply due to flexibility but that’s not happening.  Plus this allows us to make a serious offer to Springer next offseason.

3 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

So if we do sign EE, which is a signing I am not hot on, what happens to Collins? Mazara to CF, Collins can play RF? I would do that and train Collins for RF.  Otherwise Collins looks to be in AAA for season.

Wow, you don’t baseball much do you?

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think they're done with bats, with Engel as the defensive sub and Leury as the super sub. 

With Collins/McCann, we could carry a 5 man bench with the new 26 person roster. I guess it comes down to how we feel with Yermin as the third catcher.

I don’t see enough playing time for both McCann & Collins with EE as DH.  I think one of them is moved or Collins starts the year in AAA.  I’m also certain they add at least one more bench piece.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

So if we do sign EE, which is a signing I am not hot on, what happens to Collins? Mazara to CF, Collins can play RF? I would do that and train Collins for RF.  Otherwise Collins looks to be in AAA for season.

I agree.  Mazara will be our starting CF and Collins to RF but only against LHP.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

What do you put in your eggnog for Christmas?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I prefer EE over Castellanos.  If both would take one year deals, I’d go with Nick simply due to flexibility but that’s not happening.  Plus this allows us to make a serious offer to Springer next offseason.

You think we’ll still make a serious offer to Springer after landing Betts? Can’t say I agree with going after both. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

WTF