Bumgarner and AZ nearing 5 yr deal per Passan

bmags

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

This is a ridiculous statement with no backing or evidence.

It's a safe bet considering what AZ's offer was and Bumgarner's own preference to stay in the NL and West Coast. If he were to sign with the White Sox, they would have had to overpay. It's just the state of doing business with a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in over a decade.

1 minute ago, bachy said:

This team is seriously going to sign zero of the 1st/2nd tier pitchers on the FA market and more than likely trade assets for a pitcher. 

S.S.D.D.

Or they could go even cheaper and just choose to run with their current rotation and pray for the best. We seriously might see Dylan Covey in the rotation again. Fuck Jerry.

If Dylan Covey gets any starts next season that aren’t due to multiple injuries to the rotation, Hahn should be fired.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, bachy said:

It's a safe bet considering what AZ's offer was and Bumgarner's own preference to stay in the NL and West Coast. If he were to sign with the White Sox, they would have had to overpay. It's just the state of doing business with a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in over a decade.

Like I said, I’ll need to see some proof.  I have a hard time believing a guy would turn down an extra $15 million dollars.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Covey will not be in the rotation to open the season. I really wish that comment would disappear on here and twitter 

I really wish Dylan Covey would disappear from the Sox altogether.

Edited by bachy

Madbum would not be good at GRF. Fine not doing this. But ya, it’s getting thin. Doubt Ryu is in the cards with the teams that still need SP. Keuchel and a 1 year deal is probably what we get. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1