Bumgarner and AZ nearing 5 yr deal per Passan

bmags

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Madbum would need be good at GRF. Fine not doing this. But ya, it’s getting thin. Doubt Ryu is in the cards with the teams that still need SP. Keuchel and a 1 year deal is probably what we get. 

There is a 0% chance Keuchel is taking a 1 year deal.  More likely 3/$50M or more.

EDIT: Ignore my post.  You’re saying Keuchel and another starter signed to a 1 year deal.  If so, I agree.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Keuchel on a three year deal and Wood wouldn't excite anyone at all, but it's prolly the best we can reasonably do without giving up significant assets. 

What I fear is if Boras jams us into 4 years for Keuchel because the supply of even halfway decent pitching is more or less gone. That would piss me off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think Keuchel/Wood would be pretty good. Add Salazar on a minor league to majors deal, Or mchugh.

Then Betances.

Otherwise it’s Miley/Wood.

Yep, Keuchel + Wood is the best combination to go after in my opinion, of the guys remaining.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I think Keuchel/Wood would be pretty good. Add Salazar on a minor league to majors deal, Or mchugh.

Then Betances.

Otherwise it’s Miley/Wood.

If you get Keuchel I think gambling on Wood makes sense given the certainty Dallas provides.  I’d be happy with him or Walker at the #5 in such a scenario.  Short of landing Ryu, it would be hard to do much better at this point.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

If you get Keuchel I think gambling on Wood makes sense given the certainty Dallas provides.  I’d be happy with him or Walker at the #5 in such a scenario.  Short of landing Ryu, it would be hard to do much better at this point.

Agreed.  Get it done, Hahn.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Keuchel on a three year deal and Wood wouldn't excite anyone at all, but it's prolly the best we can reasonably do without giving up significant assets. 

What I fear is if Boras jams us into 4 years for Keuchel because the supply of even halfway decent pitching is more or less gone. That would piss me off.

Honestly, at this point Keuchel + Wood would excite me because the pickings are quickly getting slim.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I do think Keuchel happens, but a bit terrifying that starters keep going and we are nowhere to be found.  Maybe we get lucky and they surprise us with Ryu.

The worst thing IMO is that our best two remaining options (Ryu and Keuchel) are both Boras clients.  This may finally end the age old question on whether or not the Sox will negotiate with Boras.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The worst thing IMO is that our best two remaining options are both Boras clients.  This may finally end the age old question.

I think they’re willing to negotiate with the secondary Boras guys, but the reality is Boras will wait us out as long as possible in hopes of getting his clients the best deal possible.  I will say that this Bumgarner deal being so team friendly is reason for optimism, but that being said there are still a lot of teams looking for pitching so who fucking knows.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I do think Keuchel happens, but a bit terrifying that starters keep going and we are nowhere to be found.  Maybe we get lucky and they surprise us with Ryu.

Now that we’ve seen MadBum’s deal, what is a reasonable deal for Ryu or Keuchel? And by reasonable, I mean something that is not insane but will get them to sign right now? How about these?

Ryu: 4 for $72M

Keuchel: 3 for $60M

• Like 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Now that we’ve seen MadBum’s deal, what is a reasonable deal for Ryu or Keuchel? And by reasonable, I mean something that is not insane but will get them to sign right now? How about these?

Ryu: 4 for $72M

Keuchel: 3 for $60M

I think Keuchel is somewhere between 3/$55M or 4/$70M.  I think Ryu is closer to the 3/$65M to 4/$85M range.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes, can’t go after free agents and be scared of last year of their deal

That's the issue with the Sox.....They're afraid of the last year of every deal. 

I honestly don't know what I want the Sox to do at this point. Honestly with how the offseason has gone, the best thing to do might be to take fliers on Walker/Wood/McHugh. 

Edited by Jack Parkman