Delmonico is not yet done

Princess Dye

Let him continue his dream in Charlotte. Always need guys like him for a 15 day period when injuries arise - guys who have had MLB experience. Not a huge deal. 

That being said, I really wouldn't mind the day we can fully close the chapter on 2015-2019

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Orlando that's just wrong! Funny though. Very funny.           And true.

Perhaps, but I fail to see the humor. Moreover, how can it be both "wrong" and "true"? Could have just as easily put a couple of Yankee bench players, or even Minor Leaguers, next to Giolito & Moncada, or Eloy. That would be comparable. If anyone hates this franchise that much, why not just root for another team? I grew up hating the Yankees, back in the days when Al Lopez' Go, Go Sox had to swallow finishing in 2ND place, behind the Yankees, almost every year.

I'm excited about the youth on this team, and am patiently waiting to see what else the front office can do to assemble a competitive roster. I like our players, both for their baseball and their character. If a fair weather fan doesn't share that view, please just go root for another team. This negativity is getting pretty old. Condemning the front office, for a "failed" off season, before Christmas, is just unfair. It may not end up being as satisfying as we had hoped, but it's too soon to judge. My comment is not meant to be directed at anyone, in particular, but rather toward the general tone of negativity. Pessimism and skepticism are one thing, but unfair and premature complete condemnation, are just ridiculous. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Perhaps, but I fail to see the humor. Moreover, how can it be both "wrong" and "true"? Could have just as easily put a couple of Yankee bench players, or even Minor Leaguers, next to Giolito & Moncada, or Eloy. That would be comparable. If anyone hates this franchise that much, why not just root for another team? I grew up hating the Yankees, back in the days when Al Lopez' Go, Go Sox had to swallow finishing in 2ND place, behind the Yankees, almost every year. I'm excited about the youth on this team, and am patiently waiting to see what else the front office can do to assemble a competitive roster. I like our players, both for their baseball and their character. If a fair weather fan doesn't share that view, please just go root for another team. This negativity is getting pretty old. Condemning the front office, for a "failed" off season, before Christmas, is just unfair. It may not end up being as satisfying as we had hoped, but it's too soon to judge.

Actually I think you can love the Sox and still think that Field of Dreams post was very clever.  It is a long offseason and I love to laugh.  That post helped with both of those things for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Actually I think you can love the Sox and still think that Field of Dreams post was very clever.  It is a long offseason and I love to laugh.  That post helped with both of those things for me.

My hope is, that in a year or two, the challenge will be to choose from the long list of White Sox stars, to put on such a Meme. Who would be our best 2 marquee players? Would it be Giolito, Moncada, Robert, Anderson, Abreu, Grandal, Kopech, Cease or even Madrigal, or Vaughn? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lillian said:

My hope is, that in a year or two, the challenge will be to choose from the long list of White Sox stars, to put on such a Meme. Who would be our best 2 marquee players? Would it be Giolito, Moncada, Robert, Anderson, Abreu, Grandal, Kopech, Cease or even Madrigal, or Vaughn? 

If you were to put 2 players for the Sox on there today, that would be a tough call for me.  I would probably put Anderson on because I think he is a team leader but Moncada is probably the more marquis player.  If you are putting a pitcher on, definitely Giolito.

To be clear,  I really do like Delmonico but I also think that post was funny and I would hope that Nicky would understand the humor.  Also, I never go on twitter but if people are being cruel to Nicky there than that is just wrong.