Julio Teheran

Good Guys

Anyone know if the White Sox are looking at him?  I know he is far from plan A but he could be better than a lot of other options.  In terms of career war and era his numbers are very comparable to Dallas Keuchel's.  He's coming of a respectable 2.4 war season in 2019 and has pitched at least 30 games in each of the last 7 seasons. 

Just now, Good Guys said:

Anyone know if the White Sox are looking at him?  I know he is far from plan A but he could be better than a lot of other options.  In terms of career war and era his numbers are very comparable to Dallas Keuchel's.  He's coming of a respectable 2.4 war season in 2019 and has pitched at least 30 games in each of the last 7 seasons. 

I would rather have Teheran at his value 2-15(?) million than Keuchel at 4/70.. I THINK

12 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I used to draft him every Franchise season of 2013 and 2014 of MLB The Show because he was an A prospect and flip him for like prime Tulo.  He was garbage to pitch with.

Teheran or Nova are far from flashy, but might be exactly what this rotation needs as a #5 to go out and eat innings. 

That or a Homer Bailey, or Alex Wood? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Teheran or Nova are far from flashy, but might be exactly what this rotation needs as a #5 to go out and eat innings. 

I'd be fine with Teheran, he eats innings and is younger than Nova.

They still need to land a #2 or fringey #3 from somewhere.

From looking at his career numbers he's a lot better than I thought he was. He's still 28, he's been an All Star twice, and maybe a change of scenery could be beneficial.  I think he would make a great signing as a second pitcher.  The Sox should get him while he's still available.

10 minutes ago, Good Guys said:

From looking at his career numbers he's a lot better than I thought he was. He's still 28, he's been an All Star twice, and maybe a change of scenery could be beneficial.  I think he would make a great signing as a second pitcher.  The Sox should get him while he's still available.

Which numbers? Strikeouts per nine under 8, walks per nine over 3?

Both of those, by the way, are skewed positive by his two good season in 2013 and 2014. He’s projected for 4 walks per nine next year. Just 37% ground ball rate moving to GRF? That’s dangerous.

He’a fine as a fifth starter. I wouldn’t want him on any more than a one year deal unless it was super cheap. 

3 hours ago, cjgalloway said:

I would rather have Teheran at his value 2-15(?) million than Keuchel at 4/70.. I THINK

100%, younger, cheaper, and arguably better

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

Yup, all's we need...Hard pass on these ludicrous deals (Wheeler, MadBum, Keuchel, Ryu)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I read somewhere  that he's lost a lot on his fastball; thus the control issues.

But still, for #5, seems good.  And he might figure out how to pitch with less velocity

We heard the exact same thing about Santana...but he was already toast.   Teheran put up decent numbers in the NL last year, but has SO SO SO much mileage already on that arm going back to age 15/16.   At GRF, I wouldn't think he could do any better than Ivan Nova.