White Sox sign Cheslor Cuthbert to minor league deal

Sleepy Harold

13 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I just turned to my coworker (who also reads the boards) and said, "Countdown to Moan4Yoan chiming in with something negative...3, 2, 1..."

Then I hit refresh and sure enough!  Thanks for giving us a good laugh, you miserable human being.

I wasn’t being negative.  I was saying the guy has no potential, which he doesn’t.

I guess the Gio Gonzalez signing should also give me newfound hope that the front office isn’t back to their dumpster diving ways.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

.679 OPS?  He’s basically Yolmer without the glove, and I didn’t like Yolmer.

If I remember correctly, his calling card has always been "very good defense," at third and I'm pretty sure his arm is better than Yolmer's. Nevertheless, it's a Minor League signing.

Edited by Lillian

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he is the righty bench bat.

Same, he's a utility player and can player pretty much anywhere IF, so it makes sense.... I thought he played RF for a few games, but I could be wrong, probably am.

Edited by Soxnfins

10 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Same, he's a utility player and can player pretty much anywhere IF, so it makes sense.... I thought he played RF for a few games, but I could be wrong, probably am.

Really only appeared at 3B, 1B and DH in the bigs.  Played a handful of innings at 2B, but not much.  No OF.  

Interesting to note that every player acquired, so far this off season, is another Latino. Grandal, Mazara, Gonzales, Cuthbert and resigned Abreu. Gee, maybe Lindor is next. Just kidding. Anderson and Madrigal might be the only two regular position players, who don't speak perfect Spanish. Isn't Madrigal's father a Latino, as well? Madrigal is a Spanish name for several different towns, in Spain.

[SETTING: PUNTA CANA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT]

[Source is boarding a plane on a windy runway, and reporter Frank Castillo is on the tarmac]

[Source yells:] "Oh and one more thing, the White Sox are signing Cheslor Cuthbert!!"

Frank Castillo: "I cant hear you, what did you say?"

[Source yells:] "The White Sox are signing Cheslor Cuthbert!!"

Frank Castillo: "What?"

[Source yells:] "The White Sox are signing Cheslor Cuthbert!!"

[Door to airplane closes; plane heads down the runway and takes off]

Frank Castillo [to himself]: "I think he just said the White Sox are signing Marcell Ozuna."

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Soxmachine tweets out something negative about every single minor league signing. That place is such a cancer.

When you listen to Jim talk on his podcast you wonder if you accidentally tuned into a like a bird watching expert that had to talk about baseball for a day.  Like, his opinions are...valueless.  He's frames every topic in this moronic sort of "well it could turn out like this...or like that".

Thanks Jim, great insight.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, soxfan3530 said:

Can this guy play 2b? If so, could he be keeping the seat warm until Madrigal gets called up? 

Very long odds, they aren't going to add him to the 40 man when they already have Mendick.   I'd be shocked if he breaks camp with the MLB club.  He probably just liked the depth chart and is hoping for an injury.