White Sox sign Gio Gonzalez

Sleepy Harold

Another pitcher off the market. What the hell is Hahn waiting for? Why aren’t we signing any of these guys?

Oh wait, he signed with the Sox? Then what are we doing signing this washed up piece of garbage?

Sorry, sometimes I get confused on how to fit in around here. 

(In all seriousness, I love the move. Now go sign Ryu or Keuchel.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, amazing what statistics can do to change a persons mind.

Didn't like the signing at all when I read it, but then dug into Gio and realized that my opinion of his performance the past two years was wrong and misguided.

He's not going to get you deep into games, but he still gets some swings and misses and is still a productive big league arm.

He's also a ground ball machine and has really limited homers.  He is a good fit for the Cell. 

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

To me, this tells me they are not going for a 2nd high end guy.   Maybe another swing man,  but nothing else. 

Giollito

Lopez

Kopech

Cease

Gonzales 

That will be the opening day rotation and maybe a swing guy for Kopech if he's not ready. 

Kopech absolutely will pitch at least a month or two in AAA Charlotte. I think the Sox look to add another starter either via trade or Ryu/Keuchel.

Kopech can be brought along when he shows he's ready

20 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

We could do far worse from a hopefully fifth starter

I like the move, as Gonzalez is probably the best backend starter still on the market and gives us a left hander in the rotation. Should not be more than a reasonable one year deal. 

A 5th starter ?  LOL

This is our Wheeler/Cole/Strasburg replacement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

To me, this tells me they are not going for a 2nd high end guy.   Maybe another swing man,  but nothing else. 

Giollito

Lopez

Kopech

Cease

Gonzales 

That will be the opening day rotation and maybe a swing guy for Kopech if he's not ready. 

For about the 1,000th time, Kopech is starting in AAA.  

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Good signing as the No. 5 guy. 

If they really are making a trade with CLE using Madrigal, I hope it's Clevinger not Lindor.

A while back, I researched what Hitler was like as a person. One response was really insightful, with lots of well-sourced details. At the very end, it said, "Of course, there is strong evidence he regularly slept with his own mother, but that's for a different discussion on a different day." That was the last thing written.

That's sort of like what you just did. You can't just leave that here, with zero elaboration. Where the hell did you find this? Who is actually talking about this?