Sox In on Lindor? Crackpot Rumor?

Moan4Yoan

This is someone I could envision the White Sox targeting. I would not mind taking a flyer on Yoenis to split time between RF/DH:

One interesting effect of Yoenis Céspedes' contract restructuring: the Mets have had teams reach out the past week regarding his availability in trades, according to a source. Nothing close or imminent or even all that likely, but some initial conversations have taken place.
10:11 AM · Dec 19, 2019TweetDeck
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greek-konerko said:

There's a dude on Twitter claiming a source on reddit that's a possible trade.he was asked not to give details by his sources.said if u want believe it or not.hes waiting updates.well idk if was worth posting it but I did😜

Huh?

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, bachy said:

This is someone I could envision the White Sox targeting. I would not mind taking a flyer on Yoenis to split time between RF/DH:

One interesting effect of Yoenis Céspedes' contract restructuring: the Mets have had teams reach out the past week regarding his availability in trades, according to a source. Nothing close or imminent or even all that likely, but some initial conversations have taken place.
10:11 AM · Dec 19, 2019TweetDeck

I haven't read a ton about his restructure, but didn't basically all/most of his $29M guarantee just become performance bonuses?  Why would anyone want to acquire Cespedes because even if he somehow performs, you're going to be paying out your nose for it.  I doubt the Mets would cover all that upside - if they're gonna pay for it, I'm sure they're rather be the recipients of the good play.

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Who is the guy? 

@keikers43 is the twitter handle.

Believe it is the poster @Kpet1010.

Can't post twitter links atm, but basically said he got good info a trade is coming within 72 hours and its a big one.  He admited it could be nothing, but he trusts his source. Seems to indicate in later tweets that it may be tied to the stinkybob twitter rumor about the Sox and Lindor.  

Probably nothing (especially if he's actually talking about Lindor), but just responding to the question.

Edited by ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

any bet it's that one user on here that always posts random eyeballs.... can't recall the name atm.

Its not, because there is a guy with the same name as that twitter as a poster here.  And its not eyeballs guy. 

Guys, I had a chance to chat with the guy.. he has had some scoops. Say im crazy but I figured it was worth tweeting about.

We had webutt and katyperrysbootyhole leak the quintana trade, so we can rule out random twitter accounts especially ones who have had some ACTUAL legit scoops.

If hes wrong and trolling, ive been fooled and quite publically at this point but its not something bad to look at the history of his tweets and think its actually possible.

Imagine an infield of Yoyo, timmy, grandal, lindor and abreu. Would be nasty. Why would we keep madrigal if we had Lindor? Plus mentions of gavin sheets and thompson in the trade package too.

Call me a fool or whatever but anything is possible now. Seriously.

1 minute ago, Kpet1010 said:

Guys, I had a chance to chat with the guy.. he has had some scoops. Say im crazy but I figured it was worth tweeting about.

We had webutt and katyperrysbootyhole leak the quintana trade, so we can rule out random twitter accounts especially ones who have had some ACTUAL legit scoops.

If hes wrong and trolling, ive been fooled and quite publically at this point but its not something bad to look at the history of his tweets and think its actually possible.

Imagine an infield of Yoyo, timmy, grandal, lindor and abreu. Would be nasty. Why would we keep madrigal if we had Lindor? Plus mentions of gavin sheets and thompson in the trade package too.

Call me a fool or whatever but anything is possible now. Seriously.

Why would the Indians trade Lindor to the White Sox?  And why would the Indians have interest in a guy (Thompson) they could have just taken in the R5 draft?  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why would the Indians trade Lindor to the White Sox?  And why would the Indians have interest in a guy (Thompson) they could have just taken in the R5 draft?  

Im pretty sure their farm is depleted. And apparently this is still being discussed but the names were thrown around I guess.