Sox In on Lindor? Crackpot Rumor?

Moan4Yoan

Just now, Soxnfins said:

starts with Madrigal and Vaughn, I'd assume due to it being intra-divison.

I wouldn't really be interested in that. They can keep him for that price.

I'd do Madrigal and a one of our flyer OF guys like Basabe or Rutherford. IMO Matthew Thompson should be off the table. Hes got a pretty decent chance and the Sox will need a wave of pitchers by the time he would be "ready".

Just now, South Sider said:

I'd do Madrigal and a one of our flyer OF guys like Basabe or Rutherford. IMO Matthew Thompson should be off the table. Hes got a pretty decent chance and the Sox will need a wave of pitchers by the time he would be "ready".

Sure, deals have broken from rando's in the past, but this guy has zero credibility

Even though this rumor is likely BS, I would love if the Sox acquired Lindor for Madrigal and a few more lesser prospects.  Move Anderson to 2b - would likely cut down on most of his throwing errors and probably improve his fielding as well since he wouldn't feel rushed on as many plays.  Sox would have one of the most potent young infields in all of baseball.  Now, back to reality...

8 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Correct. Besides where would we put TA, 2nd base? CF? Mazara to LF? Robert to RF?  I guess 2nd would be the natural go to, but yeah no.

Edited by Soxnfins

1 hour ago, Kpet1010 said:

Announced Cole to Yankees 2 days before it leaked to the big guys. He got bumgarners money and years right, just not team (he said twins).

and thats all ive looked down his page for so far. There more.

Are you talking about Stinky Bob ? If so, another twitter guy is not a source. I wish people understood that. A source is someone you know personally with a direct connection to the White Sox who most likely works for the Sox year round, not a peanut vendor .

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are you talking about Stinky Bob ? If so, another twitter guy is not a source. I wish people understood that. A source is someone you know personally with a direct connection to the White Sox who most likely works for the Sox year round, not a peanut vendor .

What if it is the vendor who looks like Scottie Pippen...would he be a reliable source?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Forget Lindor.....if CLE likes Thompson so much send him and Stiever and maybe take a bad contract back for Clevinger. 

Don't fix something thats not broken.

Ok realizing its 99% fantasy but you wouldn't want Lindor for 2 years ? I would 1000x. I'd give up Madrigal and Vaughn in a heartbeat for him.

Ticket sales skyrocket. You could play him or trade him. Have you seen the rumored Dodger packages for him ? If somehow Cleveland likes Madrigal and Vaughn better than Alex Verdugo, Dustin May , Keibert Ruiz you pull that trigger at once. Then trade him to the Dodgers for Verdugo and May and volia we have a starting pitcher and OF both of whom are still controllable for many years and also have solid MLB starts to their careers.

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Also, you guys do realize this @Kpet1010 guy on this website is the same guy who tweeted the eyeball emojis & all of a sudden the Kpet here is talking the Kpet on twitter up yet I'm supposed to believe they aren't the same person?

Stop giving him the attention he craves.

It was posted on the very 1st page they are the same person. I dont think your supposed to believe they're not the same person.

Not that I think this is happening or anything...

2 hours ago, Kpet1010 said:

Guys, I had a chance to chat with the guy.. he has had some scoops. Say im crazy but I figured it was worth tweeting about.

We had webutt and katyperrysbootyhole leak the quintana trade, so we can rule out random twitter accounts especially ones who have had some ACTUAL legit scoops.

If hes wrong and trolling, ive been fooled and quite publically at this point but its not something bad to look at the history of his tweets and think its actually possible.

Imagine an infield of Yoyo, timmy, grandal, lindor and abreu. Would be nasty. Why would we keep madrigal if we had Lindor? Plus mentions of gavin sheets and thompson in the trade package too.

Call me a fool or whatever but anything is possible now. Seriously.

I cannot imagine a less likely scenario than the White Sox trading for Lindor. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bachy said:

This is someone I could envision the White Sox targeting. I would not mind taking a flyer on Yoenis to split time between RF/DH:

One interesting effect of Yoenis Céspedes' contract restructuring: the Mets have had teams reach out the past week regarding his availability in trades, according to a source. Nothing close or imminent or even all that likely, but some initial conversations have taken place.
10:11 AM · Dec 19, 2019TweetDeck

Surgery on both heels then a multi-fractured ankle age 33 I think. Sounds like a can't-miss. His money is more like an NFL injury buy-out.