Sox In on Lindor? Crackpot Rumor?

Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Also, you guys do realize this @Kpet1010 guy on this website is the same guy who tweeted the eyeball emojis & all of a sudden the Kpet here is talking the Kpet on twitter up yet I'm supposed to believe they aren't the same person?

Stop giving him the attention he craves.

Guys.. I am keikers43... I’m not talking myself up lmao. Keikers Is my nickname.  

here is a screenshot from my phone literally showing me In my own twitter profile lmao. 

https://imgur.com/a/h2orVBg

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Also, you guys do realize this @Kpet1010 guy on this website is the same guy who tweeted the eyeball emojis & all of a sudden the Kpet here is talking the Kpet on twitter up yet I'm supposed to believe they aren't the same person?

Stop giving him the attention he craves.

Also, I’m not seeking attention. Chill out bro

2 hours ago, Kpet1010 said:

Guys, I had a chance to chat with the guy.. he has had some scoops. Say im crazy but I figured it was worth tweeting about.

We had webutt and katyperrysbootyhole leak the quintana trade, so we can rule out random twitter accounts especially ones who have had some ACTUAL legit scoops.

If hes wrong and trolling, ive been fooled and quite publically at this point but its not something bad to look at the history of his tweets and think its actually possible.

Imagine an infield of Yoyo, timmy, grandal, lindor and abreu. Would be nasty. Why would we keep madrigal if we had Lindor? Plus mentions of gavin sheets and thompson in the trade package too.

Call me a fool or whatever but anything is possible now. Seriously.

I'd rather have Madrigal than TA any day of the year. Twice as many errors than walks, and a .399 BIP average.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

I cannot imagine a less likely scenario than the White Sox trading for Lindor. 

To be fair, a less likely scenario than trading for Lindor---has already happened when we traded Q to the Cubs. 

Not saying that this will happen, I am just saying stranger things have happened in the not so distant past. 

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not that it will ever happen, but Anderson  + a couple smaller pieces for Lindor (if he signs an extension) would be interesting. Lindor would replace Anderson at SS and the Sox could keep Madrigal at 2B.

it would be the most un-suspected trade i can imagine. like when we landed sweatty Freddie.  I will say this , something big is going to happen. you can smell it.  maybe a three team trade but you can feel it.

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Don't know why Cleveland would do that, but yeah.

Anderson is under cheap team control for a long, long time. That matters to a team like Cleveland. And they could sell the trade to their fans by saying they just acquired the AL batting champ while getting some prospects in the process. But it only makes sense for the Sox if Lindor signs an extension.

17 minutes ago, zisk said:

I'd rather have Madrigal than TA any day of the year. Twice as many errors than walks, and a .399 BIP average.

I like Madrigal I really do but huh ? If you can say this after a break out hitting season for Anderson I can't imagine what you would think if he hadn't broke out. Madrigal MIGHT be a good fielder and decent slap hitter but I have no idea why anyone would like him more than TA unless you really really despise the errors and bat flips and even then you are still dealing with  Madrigal who could fail at the MLB level.

• Thanks 1

Madrigal and Anderson would be two key pieces.

Probably need a pitcher in there as well.

The Dodgers we’re unwilling to give up Lux along with May and Verdugo, supposedly.   So the Padres started pursuing him with their even deeper farm system to keep him from going to LAD.  Moving Tatis to CF to protect him from injuries if it went through.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Dodgers we’re unwilling to give up Lux along with May and Verdugo, supposedly.   So the Padres started pursuing him with their even deeper farm system to keep him from going to LAD.  Moving Tatis to CF to protect him from injuries if it went through.

Maybe it would cost that, but giving up Anderson, Madrigal + another piece for Lindor would be a complete rape.

Anderson surplus value alone probably worth more than lindors for the rest of his control.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If CF is where players go now to prevent injuries you can count on Eloy being our opening day CF

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, MysterySource5000 said:

To be fair, a less likely scenario than trading for Lindor---has already happened when we traded Q to the Cubs. 

Not saying that this will happen, I am just saying stranger things have happened in the not so distant past. 

Trading Q to the Cubs was not less likely than the Sox giving up a haul and acquiring 2 years of Lindor from Cleveland. On top of that, it does not fill a hole, it doesn't add a platoon RF bat, add another top SP, or a bullpen arm. They are not giving up their top assets to acquire a SS with 2 years of control left. 

Edited by Stealth G.O.A.T.

4 minutes ago, Stealth G.O.A.T. said:

The difference is the David Price rumors are valid. Whether a deal gets done is another story.

This Lindor rumor is likely complete BS. It doesn't even make sense. 

bmags post was about the Lindor rumor being a "fun" rumor. The fact that the Price rumors are valid makes it no "fun" at all.

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Maybe it would cost that, but giving up Anderson, Madrigal + another piece for Lindor would be a complete rape.

Anderson surplus value alone probably worth more than lindors for the rest of his control.

Agree. It would be beyond idiotic and would still leave the remaining holes in RF (platoon), top starter, bullpen arm.

Any trade for Lindor makes absolutely no sense at all unless he agreed to a massive extension... Which isn't happening either.