Sox In on Lindor? Crackpot Rumor?

Moan4Yoan

Do you guys listen to yourselves? You guys would not want one of the best players in their prime?  Same age as Anderson but not a 1 year wonder. Don’t know if he will do it again but Lindor has been consistent. There is something seriously wrong with you guys lol.

It would have to be for Anderson, not madrigal or Vaughn. Anderson has value. I don’t believe in the trade but if it happened I don’t know why anyone would not be excited about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drwhoo1 said:

Do you guys listen to yourselves? You guys would not want one of the best players in their prime?  Same age as Anderson but not a 1 year wonder. Don’t know if he will do it again but Lindor has been consistent. There is something seriously wrong with you guys lol.

It would have to be for Anderson, not madrigal or Vaughn. Anderson has value. I don’t believe in the trade but if it happened I don’t know why anyone would not be excited about it. 

I don’t think anyone here wouldn’t want Lindor.  They just realize a division rival isn’t trading him to the Sox and the Sox wouldn’t be willing to give up the prospects it would take to get a trade done.

The Indians supposedly asked the Dodgers for Gavin Lux and Dustin May for Lindor.  The Sox aren’t matching that ask.

1 hour ago, MysterySource5000 said:

To be fair, a less likely scenario than trading for Lindor---has already happened when we traded Q to the Cubs. 

Not saying that this will happen, I am just saying stranger things have happened in the not so distant past. 

I disagree with that strongly. The Q trade made sense for both teams. The Cubs were smack in the middle of a contention window, badly needed pitching, and preferably pitching that was controllable through the rest of the window -- and the trade partner is only a problem in the heads of a select group of local meatball fans, none of which would change any of their consuming habits based on the trade at all. The rebuilding White Sox couldn't have been farther away from affecting the Cubs future at all. 

A Lindor trade makes sense for neither. Cleveland would be trading its best player in the division, essentially defeating the purpose of trying to slightly weaken itself but still be able to compete because the division sucks. The White Sox would be trading high end, close to the majors prospects that it needs to pencil in its roster over the next couple seasons just to get a two year player in a position it already has filled, to take a two year shot with a highly flawed team with many others holes, specifically INSTEAD of using those chips to fill the actual holes they have. They would shorten their window while also hurting their ability to fill out the roster for the shortened window. Anything close to a fair, market-value trade would literally be the dumbest move the regime has made in the past two decades, at least.

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, Kpet1010 said:

Announced Cole to Yankees 2 days before it leaked to the big guys. He got bumgarners money and years right, just not team (he said twins).

and thats all ive looked down his page for so far. There more.

Don't know how this hasn't been corrected yet, but this guy's track record is terrible. None of these are close to accurate.

1 hour ago, HakunaMachado said:

Was he right on anything?

Does it even matter? Some shit you can just look at and know it's bogus from the get go. Even if the Sox approached Cleveland they couldn't match a prospect package or controllable MLB talents from the Dodgers or probably the Padres too.

Dodgers are flush with good players at minor and ML level. Why trade in the division to a team with an inferior offer ? You know the Sox won't give up Eloy, Moncada, Giolito, Robert. They need all the ML pitchers they have like Cease and Lopez. That leaves Madrigal, Vaughn and whoever against Verdugo and  May and whoeve,r which is controllable guys who had good 1st seasons . Some around here are in love with Madrigal and Vaughn but Verdugo and May beat that duo handily since Vaughn won't help the Indians right away and Madrigal doesn't have the proven MLB bat like Verdugo even if it was just 1 year.

Indians aren't rebuilding they are retooling almost like The Tampa Bay Rays continue to do successfully and they will want MLB ready talent just like when they traded Bauer.

A slick fielding HR hitting SS with a billion $ smile is one of the most valuable commodities in baseball for 2 years. All this talk about trading Vaughn and Madrigal wouldn't be worth it unless we signed Lindor to an extension is silly talk. You think the Dodgers or Reds are going to insist on him signing an extension  ? No they will happily give up whatever it takes to get him for 2 years, Madrigal is a slap hitting good fielding decent baserunner with no power and Vaughn is a right handed undersized 1st basemen who still has to run the gauntlet that is Birmingham to prove he has what it takes. I'd ship them off so fast for 2 years of Lindor it would make your heads spin.

Plus the Sox don't even have to keep him if the Indians were so stupid as to trade him to the Sox . They could trade Lindor for Verdugo and May and we have our young controllable assets right back and ones that fill the OF and starting pitching needs. Oh, no 2nd basemen . Sign Cesar Hernandez use Mendick, Starlin Castro let Brock Holt play full time there. There are still decent options out there.

I know, I know . A lot of time and lengthy post on a bogus trade rumor .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Not worth the money with Mazara around now.  I am not a Mazara fan but Cespedes is 10 years older.  Save the money for two starters.

The more I have read up on Mazara the more I'm liking that signing.  Might me the sneaky move of the offseason.