What would it take to get Nolan Arenado?

KnightsOnMintSt

Are we going to get more Spring Training games this year, since the Sox are on their own network? ST won't conflict with Hawks/Bulls except in rare occasions. 

Even if they did, they could run the ST games on the plus channel. 

It would be awesome if they decided to televise all or most of the ST games. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, HakunaMachado said:

Is it kinda weird the official Sox account was replying to this rumor?

1. There's nothing weird about them shutting down a fake rumor by comparing it to Tacos.

2. Why do people continue to talk about this trade as if it's actually real and possible?

Make it stop, SOXTALK. Make it stop!

• Like 3

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

1. There's nothing weird about them shutting down a fake rumor by comparing it to Tacos.

2. Why do people continue to talk about this trade as if it's actually real and possible?

People post Twitter rumors here regardless of how garbage and blatently fake they are. I don't get it. Quit giving these jagoffs steam. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's not real or possible. 

The tacos thing is hilarious though. 

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Do what?  Trade for Arenado?  Dude is awesome and would definitely be something to pursue at the right price.  The challenge is he’s paid handsomely and has an opt-out in two years, so you can’t overpay.  I would definitely trade say Madrigal + Stiever for him (doubt the Rockies do that) and not have second thoughts.  Think about this lineup for a second:

1. Robert, CF
  2. Moncada, 2B#
  3. Arenado, 3B
  4. Jimenez, LF
  5. Grandal, C#
  6. Abreu, 1B
  7. Encarnacion, DH
  8. Anderson, SS
  9. Mazara, RF*

😮

Lol. The dude can opt out next year and Moncada sucked at second. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

People post Twitter rumors here regardless of how garbage and blatently fake they are. I don't get it. Quit giving these jagoffs steam. 

I'm not sure a white sox fan board is really steam. i dont think he's getting his rocks off on us discussing this. 

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

People act like the social media managers of teams are like, sitting in Rick Hahn's office.

Right. That person knows nothing. But random trade rumors involving the Sox happen all the time. Weird for the Sox media team to troll this particular one. It’s not like they’re the Denver Nuggets twitter that trolls everything. A little strange, but still 99% BS. 

Thats pretty crazy that one fake random tweet gained traction like this. Usually it may get some talk on a message board but to have so much of twitter talking about it with no others jumping in as well, I just don't get it. Is it all because he guessed the Mookie info before others reported it as official?  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

There is only one reason why I see the Sox doing this is if they think they can’t extend Moncada long term so they would basically move Moncada to 2nd base and in the meantime they are evaluating trade deadline options for Moncada. Possibly for more pitching. Than they would bring up Madrigal after they trade Moncada. However, I think this is totally bogus and this guy needs to stop now!

At least you tried to figure out a reason for why the Sox would do it.

I'll make everyone happy and include Mazara. He can break out in Colorado and hit 50 HR's there. Yohan (sic) to RF . Madrigal stays at 2nd base. Rocks include money and P Ashton Goudeau. Cease, Mazara, Seby Zavala, Bernardo Flores to the Rox.

PS. I'm just screwing around since every thread worth commenting in has been beat to death.

9 minutes ago, shipps said:

Thats pretty crazy that one fake random tweet gained traction like this. Usually it may get some talk on a message board but to have so much of twitter talking about it with no others jumping in as well, I just don't get it. Is it all because he guessed the Mookie info before others reported it as official?  

I think in this case it's tenacity of the self promotion from the "ground zero" account: mlb incel, er intel.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He also sucked at hitting in his first year. Why is a defensive improvement so out of the realm of possibility in your opinion?

Yes. He looked comfortable at 3rd. Leave him there. Why are you guys putting so much stock in a bullshit rumor?

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Right. That person knows nothing. But random trade rumors involving the Sox happen all the time. Weird for the Sox media team to troll this particular one. It’s not like they’re the Denver Nuggets twitter that trolls everything. A little strange, but still 99% BS. 

Yeah, I think it just reflects the post below yours, this caught a lot of traction, caused a lot of sox media to comment or seek comment on it. And if there is an online conversation like that happening, good chance the social media managers will know about it and in this case tried to be a part of it.

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

A lot of social media directors for companies are low level marketing interns. I'm not sure if that's how the White Sox work in particular, but that is a pretty normal structure for some larger companies.

Yeah, that's not how it works anymore, not for billion dollar brands.