What would it take to get Nolan Arenado?

KnightsOnMintSt

On 2/7/2020 at 4:14 PM, CBJ03 said:

I had the same reaction. 

If sox believe he is the kind of reliever that will be consistent, there will be some benefit to just smoothing out his arb years. The reliever arbitration salaries are so weird to me, many outperforming starters. Sox may pay him some upfront in order to save on the backend and maybe buy out a year.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:38 PM, Moan4Yoan said:

People are finally trolling Stone for being such an angry asshat...

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevestone/status/1225595406588891136

It really is strange.  He’s the voice of the White Sox and he’s in there mixing it up with anonymous fans on Twitter, and getting riled up in the process.  Someone needs to remind him that there are many debates that you lose just by entering into them.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bmags said:

If sox believe he is the kind of reliever that will be consistent, there will be some benefit to just smoothing out his arb years. The reliever arbitration salaries are so weird to me, many outperforming starters. Sox may pay him some upfront in order to save on the backend and maybe buy out a year.

Yup...it also allows them to use him as closer with worrying about his salary spiking significantly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

I am not sure why, but it is comical to me...that MLBIntel guy on twitter keeps beating the NA to Sox drum, keeps claiming it will happen this week. 

It’s very strange.  His 15 minutes of fame will be over when it doesn’t happen.  If he would have just stuck to supposedly breaking the Betts trade somewhat early but he got greedy.

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It’s very strange.  His 15 minutes of fame will be over when it doesn’t happen.  If he would have just stuck to supposedly breaking the Betts trade somewhat early but he got greedy.

I’m trying to figure out what he’s gaining by all this...why not just hitch his wagon to all the betts stuff? It doesn’t make sense to me why he keeps predicting NA to Sox?

2 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

I’m trying to figure out what he’s gaining by all this...why not just hitch his wagon to all the betts stuff? It doesn’t make sense to me why he keeps predicting NA to Sox?

Because he’s a compulsive fiction writer that likes the attention. You really shouldn’t even waste your time reading what he says.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The tweets are back.

Why would this clown delete all his old Arenado to the White Sox tweets only start a new set of rumors saying the same thing?  Like I get he is trolling, but at least use a different team this time around.  Dude really sucks at playing fake insider.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why would this clown delete all his old Arenado to the White Sox tweets only start a new set of rumors saying the same thing?  Like I get he is trolling, but at least use a different team this time around.  Dude really sucks at playing fake insider.

Attention

We're also getting Joc Pederson. Arenado and Joc Pederson! We're locked and loaded!

But seriously - part of me wants him to be right. He's really doubling and tripling and whatever word fits for 20X down. Not sure why he's getting so specific and acting like this is happneing...

16 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

We're also getting Joc Pederson. Arenado and Joc Pederson! We're locked and loaded!

But seriously - part of me wants him to be right. He's really doubling and tripling and whatever word fits for 20X down. Not sure why he's getting so specific and acting like this is happneing...

Which part of you - the part that likes 6 WAR players?  All of me wants him to be right!  :)

18 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Strange behavior indeed.  On the very slight (like Jim Carey "So you're saying there's a chance") chance he's right, it would be funny to see Stone and the others who vehemently denied it respond.

• Haha 1