Jump to content
KnightsOnMintSt

What would it take to get Nolan Arenado?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Guesses?

Arenado to St. Louis.

Bryant to Atlanta.

If traded yeah those make sense and continue to be linked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Guesses?

Arenado to St. Louis.

Bryant to Atlanta.

Arenado to St. Louis, Bryant stays put. Cubs won't have the guts to trade him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Arenado to St. Louis, Bryant stays put. Cubs won't have the guts to trade him.

The Cubs have had the guts to charge fans more money to watch their games on a new network after a season in which they missed out on the playoffs and have yet to sign a player to a major league contract this offseason.

Ricketts has no shame and he will definitely have the guts to trade Bryant to get under the luxury tax range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The Cubs have had the guts to charge fans more money to watch their games on a new network after a season in which they missed out on the playoffs and have yet to sign a player to a major league contract this offseason.

Ricketts has no shame and he will definitely have the guts to trade Bryant to get under the luxury tax range.

I just don't see them using Bryant to get under the luxury tax, and I think teams are going to balk at the asking price for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I just don't see them using Bryant to get under the luxury tax, and I think teams are going to balk at the asking price for him.

I don’t doubt that the Cubs are willing to move him but could see your last statement being the reason that they don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I just don't see them using Bryant to get under the luxury tax, and I think teams are going to balk at the asking price for him.

He's a big dude who has been pretty banged up. I think the injury concerns will suppress his value lower than the Cubs will be willing to accept. They don't have an easy decision to make here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Arenado to St. Louis, Bryant stays put. Cubs won't have the guts to trade him.

If Bryant's grievance results in two years til free agency, Cubs will probably try and move him pretty quickly to maximize their return.   If it's one year they probably hold on to him until the deadline and force someone to overpay.  Either way I don't think he finishes the season in Chicago.

just an unbelievable divorce for these two parties.   Bryant should have been their bell cow for years to come and they fucked with him from the get go 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

If Bryant's grievance results in two years til free agency, Cubs will probably try and move him pretty quickly to maximize their return.   If it's one year they probably hold on to him until the deadline and force someone to overpay.  Either way I don't think he finishes the season in Chicago.

just an unbelievable divorce for these two parties.   Bryant should have been their bell cow for years to come and they fucked with him from the get go 

Eh, most teams would’ve done the same thing IMO.  We are just lucky that our young stud prospects don’t share the same agent as Bryant.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A package of Madrigal and Dunning or Madrigal and Lopez actually makes sense for the Rockies.  They clear a ton of payroll and are removing someone with no surplus value.

The Sox then have one of the best 3b and 2b (Moncada) in the game and have a superstar without having to win a bidding war.  

Not saying it will happen, but in theory it makes sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MysterySource5000 said:

A package of Madrigal and Dunning or Madrigal and Lopez actually makes sense for the Rockies.  They clear a ton of payroll and are removing someone with no surplus value.

The Sox then have one of the best 3b and 2b (Moncada) in the game and have a superstar without having to win a bidding war.  

Not saying it will happen, but in theory it makes sense.

 

Do not want. Nolan's stats outside of Coors aren't that impressive. We could have just signed Rendon, the better player imo, and not have to trade assets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MysterySource5000 said:

package of Madrigal and Dunning or Madrigal and Lopez actually makes sense for the Rockies.  They clear a ton of payroll and are removing someone with no surplus value.

The Sox then have one of the best 3b and 2b (Moncada) in the game and have a superstar without having to win a bidding war.  

Not saying it will happen, but in theory it makes sense.

 

The fact that Nolan can opt out after two years makes this a poor trade for the sox. Why give up young controllable players when he will end up going to a higher bidder in two years if he plays like you want him too. 

Besides as people said his numbers away from Coors are quite a bit lower.

I hope the sox aren't interested. I would like to see the cardinal's jump on it. Hope the cubs have to see him alot this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 12:25 AM, ron883 said:

He's a big dude who has been pretty banged up. I think the injury concerns will suppress his value lower than the Cubs will be willing to accept. They don't have an easy decision to make here. 

My heart bleeds for them.

Aren't they supposed to working on a 5-peat at this juncture ?

They're fortunate they beat Cleveland.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GradMc said:

My heart bleeds for them.

Aren't they supposed to working on a 5-peat at this juncture ?

They're fortunate they beat Cleveland.

Somebody is salty towards the Cubs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 8:54 AM, MysterySource5000 said:

A package of Madrigal and Dunning or Madrigal and Lopez actually makes sense for the Rockies.  They clear a ton of payroll and are removing someone with no surplus value.

The Sox then have one of the best 3b and 2b (Moncada) in the game and have a superstar without having to win a bidding war.  

Not saying it will happen, but in theory it makes sense.

 

This would be disastrous for the White Sox
The goal is to build a WS contender, not to just mess with the Twins for 2 years.  Stockpile the pitching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wRC+

    2019 2018 2017 2016 Avg
Arenado Home 137 162 134 136 142.25
  Away 118 104 126 116 116.00
Trout Home 188 185 192 177 185.50
  Away 172 195 169 164 175.00
Betts Home 146 190 100 143 144.75
  Away 123 181 113 129 136.50
             
Edited by skooch
Years reversed
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, skooch said:

wRC+

    2019 2018 2017 2016 Avg
Arenado Home 137 162 134 136 142.25
  Away 118 104 126 116 116.00
Trout Home 188 185 192 177 185.50
  Away 172 195 169 164 175.00
Betts Home 146 190 100 143 144.75
  Away 123 181 113 129 136.50
             

There’s a notorious “hangover” effect on the road when playing for the Rockies, so I really wouldn’t overreact to his splits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There’s a notorious “hangover” effect on the road when playing for the Rockies, so I really wouldn’t overreact to his splits.

JOOC, how does one distinguish between "hangover effect" and "he's actually not that good" away from Coors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nolan Arenando is one of the top players in baseball. If you think he's not good away from Coors then you don't know baseball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, skooch said:

JOOC, how does one distinguish between "hangover effect" and "he's actually not that good" away from Coors?

You can't, this is how disconnect between numbers people and scouting people happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Nolan Arenando is one of the top players in baseball. If you think he's not good away from Coors then you don't know baseball. 

I didn't say he wasn't good, he's clearly good. He's just not elite according to the numbers. And by the way, you have quite the ego. Anyone who doesn't agree with you doesn't know baseball, huh?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×