Moncada Says: Bring on all 162

Look at Ray Ray Run

https://theathletic.com/1476009/2019/12/20/yoan-moncadas-2020-goal-is-clear-play-every-single-game/?source=shared-article

This is pretty exciting, and of course wonderful work by Fegan again.

Here's to hoping Yoan gets out there for all 162 and starts a streak of longevity.

In summary:

After spending last year tirelessly working on his approach in the off-season - trying to get the most out of his elite tools - Moncada has shifted his focus on his legs and staying healthy for next year this off-season. Maybe this will mean Yoan is on the move more this next season as well.

• Like 1

"He believes this work will help give him the stamina late in the year to boost his stolen base totals, but admits that when he said improving that was his big goal for 2020, it was really just the most specific thing he could think of.

“Overall I think I can do better in every aspect of the game, even much better than I did last year,” Moncada said.

And the biggest piece and line in this entire article:

Moncada, when speaking of the loyalty and appreciation the Sox showed to Abreu said:

“I would like to stay here,” Moncada said through Russo. “I think this is a very good organization with a lot of good people. Definitely I would like to stay here and be a White Sox forever too.”

Actions speak louder than words, and players have said this before only to leave but citing how they took care of Abreu as a reason for why he wants to stay for life too is certainly exciting.

And one quote from Timmy just for more love: (Timmy lives in Chicago in the off-season despite the winters)

“I play here so I think it’s only right,” said Anderson, who lives in Flossmoor with his wife Bria and their two daughters. “To be able to play here and go home to my kids every night. But for the most part, man, it kind of feels like home. I came here and felt connected instantly.”

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think everyone is doing what they can to make the organization more attractive and I do believe they're building that type of family atmosphere, or trying to. I also think it was a big influence in bringing Abreu back. It's too bad the fans aren't buying in... or maybe I shouldn't think this site is a reflection of all Sox fans. 

6 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I think everyone is doing what they can to make the organization more attractive and I do believe they're building that type of family atmosphere, or trying to. I also think it was a big influence in bringing Abreu back. It's too bad the fans aren't buying in... or maybe I shouldn't think this site is a reflection of all Sox fans. 

Sox fans that don't spend an inordinate amount time b****ing about the Sox on the internet are pretty excited about 2020 from what I've gathered anecdotally.

4 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Lol...if you think this website is bad, definitely don’t check out White Sox twitter right now.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Yeah, I think the Abreu thing does matter. I know people don't want to hear it, but it's amazing to hear someone like Mazara talk about Abreu with such glowing endorsement even though they just met.

It's even more exciting to see Yoan glowing about the Sox extending him after he said he said he wanted to be here for life... then Yoan says the same thing.

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

If Yoan stays healthy and plays nearly every game and improves...is a 7 WAR season out of the question? 

If he improved over last year and stayed healthy, you're looking at a 7-8 WAR season (Mookie and Trout territory).

I'll take another 5 WAR season from the guy if that's OK with him though.

Good.  The hamstring stuff is probably from over training quads relative to hamstrings.   Hopefully he can put it all together next year if he plays 162 games he will be worth about 6-7 WAR.

@EloyJenkins ha just saw your post yes indeed, great minds!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Good.  The hamstring stuff is probably from over training quads relative to hamstrings.   Hopefully he can put it all together next year if he plays 162 games he will be worth about 6-7 WAR.

@EloyJenkins ha just saw your post yes indeed, great minds!

Yeah, he said it was from a lack of flexibility and being overly tight.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I will believe Yoan is able to play 155+ games when I see it.  

I mean, he played 149 two years ago but I get your point. Glad to see this is a focal point of his off-season and I am certainly not going to be one who doubts him when he wants to obtain something.

50 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, he played 149 two years ago but I get your point. Glad to see this is a focal point of his off-season and I am certainly not going to be one who doubts him when he wants to obtain something.

I love the guy. But he is a bit of a softie. Hope that changes as he matures.