Moncada Says: Bring on all 162

Look at Ray Ray Run

52 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I love the guy. But he is a bit of a softie. Hope that changes as he matures. 

You guys are silly.  You ever try and walk with a strained hamstring?  How about run?  It's not a bruise.  You try and play through something like that and rip it and you miss the next 6 months and a lot of guys never fully recovery from a grade 3 hamstring tear.  Or if they do they are impacted the rest of their career -- see Chris Paul and Jozy Altidore.

So yea be a tough guy and hurt yourself more.  Lord knows we already went through that BS with Reynaldo and thankfully Jose was there to let Rick know what was going on.

Ya'll ever play sports after grade school or train?  Man, I wonder sometimes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You guys are silly.  You ever try and walk with a strained hamstring?  How about run?  It's not a bruise.  You try and play through something like that and rip it and you miss the next 6 months and a lot of guys never fully recovery from a grade 3 hamstring tear.  Or if they do they are impacted the rest of their career -- see Chris Paul and Jozy Altidore.

So yea be a tough guy and hurt yourself more.  Lord knows we already went through that BS with Reynaldo and thankfully Jose was there to let Rick know what was going on.

Ya'll ever play sports after grade school or train?  Man, I wonder sometimes.

Hes 24 years old, he really should be suffering from hamstring tears and strains frequently. I agree with your premise and point, playing through a leg muscle injury is idiotic, but he shouldnt be suffering them with great frequency.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hes 24 years old, he really should be suffering from hamstring tears and strains frequently. I agree with your premise and point, playing through a leg muscle injury is idiotic, but he shouldnt be suffering them with great frequency.

I agree 100%.  He has to adjust his training.  He's a young buck man when that T is flowing through you after a 500lb squat it's hard not to keep doing them.  But he'd be better served doing almost all light weight high rep stuff mixed with holistic style training focused on injury prevention, athletic movements specific to baseball (starting and stopping constantly) and general flexibility.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I will believe Yoan is able to play 155+ games when I see it.  

I believe that managers who let guys try to play 162 games are setting those guys up to be hurt. 

Give them an extra day off every 2 weeks or so and you'll play 150, 155 if you're used as a pinch hitter a few times. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Sir said:

Just for fun, here's Moncada, Timmy, and Eloy's 2019 season extrapolated to 162 games:

M- 102 Rs, 42 2Bs, 6 3Bs, 31 HRs, 97 RBIs

T- 107 Rs, 42 2Bs, 24 HRs, 74 RBIs, 22 SBs

E- 91 Rs, 24 2Bs, 41 HRs, 104 RBIs

Man this lineup is going to be fun to watch.  Fearsome!

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I believe that managers who let guys try to play 162 games are setting those guys up to be hurt. 

Give them an extra day off every 2 weeks or so and you'll play 150, 155 if you're used as a pinch hitter a few times. 

I dont think 162 is more draining or dangerous thann155.

36 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Man this lineup is going to be fun to watch.  Fearsome!

And each of those guys was even more insane in the last two months or so. Extrapolating their numbers from those months would look like something Joe DiMaggio would have done. Seriously, 60+ 2Bs for Yoan and Timmy. And I think Eloy’s much higher slash towards the end will be closer to what he will do in future seasons. Monstrous.