Keuchel to Sox, 3 years, 55.55 million; 4th year team option

Heads22

25 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Ideally, they will be able to add a righty bat that can play the outfield corners.  I doubt they spend big on Ozuna now but I wonder what Puig’s market looks like?

As long as he can gel in the locker room I don’t hate the idea of Puig. Taking a flyer on Souza being healthy wouldn’t be a terrible idea either. Domingo Santana and Dickerson are decent options too, although they come with defensive ability in RF ?’s.

A trade is always a possibility too. I wonder if we can get Seattle to trade for another questionable catcher with an enticing bat? Some sort of Collins for Haniger deal would be nice 

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

As long as he can gel in the locker room I don’t hate the idea of Puig. Taking a flyer on Souza being healthy wouldn’t be a terrible idea either. Domingo Santana and Dickerson are decent options too, although they come with defensive ability in RF ?’s.

A trade is always a possibility too. I wonder if we can get Seattle to trade for another questionable catcher with an enticing bat? Some sort of Collins for Haniger deal would be nice 

How bad is Domingo Santana on defense?  His lefty splits look pretty good.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Ben Zobrist is a guy I'd like to kick the tires on.  Early season 2B holder for when Madrigal is ready.   Good veteran with high OBP%.  Then you can use him as the split guy with Mazara . 

He’s not sure if he will play or retire.  I’m guessing he retires to take care of his kids after his divorce.  Besides, the dude will turn 39 during next season.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think this is spot on. What has me still skeptical is Sox have failed so terribly with this tier so often, but if it finally plays out as it’s supposed to ...

Depends what you mean by “hit”. I don’t think we can expect these types of acquisitions to meaningfully outperform (maybe with the exception of Mazara who has upside). We would be happy if Kuechel/Gio/Grandal gives us 80-100% of the value of their contract imo.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Trade for Ray

Do the DBacks really need Rosario?

Seems like DBacks might be better off waiting for the trade deadline on Ray.

One thing is certain, the Twins would shock the world taking on the Price deal...and they don’t need Benintendi as much, so it would come down to Boston giving up $45-50 million, roughly.  

• Heads22 changed the title to Keuchel to Sox, 3 years, 55.55 million; 4th year team option
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic