Remaining Wish List

thxfrthmmrs

Who else do you want Santa Ricky bring in for the Sox this Christmas?

I see a lot of discussion on the Keuchel thread on this and most owns another DH type like EE and RP.

I think an elite RP is a must (Harris, Betances, Cishek), but how about a stopgap 2B? I like Cesar Hernandez but wouldn't mind a Asdrubal or Dozier. Dozier especially since he kills lefties. Could slide in as platoon with Collins if we don't land a EE.

Don't think CWS is grabbing another INF with Mendick in the fold for cheap for now

Grandal, McCann, Collins, Abreu, Madrigal, Moncada, Anderson, Mazara, Robert, Eloy, Leury, Engel, Mendick is 13 names right there...Personally would have preferred Yolmer's proven glove, consistent bat, and versatility, but he got too expensive

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I would love a trade for Chris Taylor...absolutely a perfect fit. 

I like him too and he is what I hope Mendick would become. But definitely won’t come cheap.

11 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Betances and trade Collins plus a couple prospects for Arenado. 

You’re taking the word wishlist... too literally.

I like the way the lineup looks with EE and I cannot deny he'd be nice to have around.  But he still makes things crowded.  Grandal should be at 1B/DH against LHP when McCann starts, and Abreu should be in the lineup against LHP.  At some point you're sitting really good sticks because they have no where to play.  

Someone who could play RF would be ideal.  

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I like the way the lineup looks with EE and I cannot deny he'd be nice to have around.  But he still makes things crowded.  Grandal should be at 1B/DH against LHP when McCann starts, and Abreu should be in the lineup against LHP.  At some point you're sitting really good sticks because they have no where to play.  

Someone who could play RF would be ideal.  

This.

Also I may be in the minority but I’m fine with giving Collins a shot at DH to begin the season. If he flops DH is probably the easiest position to fill through in season trades (even thought 2019 says otherwise).

We’re at $110M right now by my calculation and even though we could fit EE on the payroll, I’d rather shorten the game by signing 2 highend BP arms.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

If you get a quality DH like EE, it allows you to play Engel in RF.  I actually think finding a strong DH bat vs RHP is what they need the most.

And sit Abreu or Grandal?  Grandal can't catch 150 games.  

I am all for improving team defense, but any scenario where Adam Engel is getting regular starts withOUT multiple injuries is not a scenario I want to get behind.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

And sit Abreu or Grandal?  Grandal can't catch 150 games.  

I am all for improving team defense, but any scenario where Adam Engel is getting regular starts with multiple injuries is not a scenario I want to get behind.  

There’s not a ton of LHP in the division. Last year, roughly 1/3 of their games were against LHP.  Grandal will obviously DH some, but there’s no reason to run him into the ground by giving him no days off like they did McCann last year.

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

This.

Also I may be in the minority but I’m fine with giving Collins a shot at DH to begin the season. If he flops DH is probably the easiest position to fill through in season trades (even thought 2019 says otherwise).

We’re at $110M right now by my calculation and even though we could fit EE on the payroll, I’d rather shorten the game by signing 2 highend BP arms.

I also agree on Collins.  I get it kind of looks like a black hole right now, and I don't HATE the idea of just sending Collins to AAA if you have EE around, but you should be able to find a bat midseason for minimal cost if Collins flops.  I still really like the Grandal/Collins/McCann/Abreu C/DH/1B combo.  I don't see the reason to panic and go away from that.  Though, like I said, having someone like EE around for a cheap 1 year deal is hard to just ignore.  

• Like 2

I would like extensions for Moncada and Giolito for xmas. Both have said they love being here. If the Sox could buy out 2 years of FA, Moncada would be 30 and Giolito 31 when they reach FA.  Rendon and Strasburg both have proven that you can still get paid beaucoup bucks at that age. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1