Remaining Wish List

thxfrthmmrs

1 hour ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Don't think CWS is grabbing another INF with Mendick in the fold for cheap for now

Grandal, McCann, Collins, Abreu, Madrigal, Moncada, Anderson, Mazara, Robert, Eloy, Leury, Engel, Mendick is 13 names right there...Personally would have preferred Yolmer's proven glove, consistent bat, and versatility, but he got too expensive

Yolmer’s “consistent” bat?

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who would that be? Cesar Hernandez to take Yolmer’s role?

or Brock Holt who can also play RF but he's a lefty so not really a platoon guy with Mazara.

He actually plays every infield position and plays LF and RF  so everything but C and CF. But he sucks against lefties but great and high OBP against righties. Not much power either. Real solid player though

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

If we sign EE, we might as well trade Collins.  He killed AAA pitching after being sent down last year.  Either give him a shot, or get something back for him now.  

Personally, I think it would be stupid to sign a DH.  Use the position to give our starters a semi rest day by not having to play the field.  

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I like the way the lineup looks with EE and I cannot deny he'd be nice to have around.  But he still makes things crowded.  Grandal should be at 1B/DH against LHP when McCann starts, and Abreu should be in the lineup against LHP.  At some point you're sitting really good sticks because they have no where to play.  

Someone who could play RF would be ideal.  

This is a name I never see mentioned, Hunter Pence. Great splits against lefties. Getting a bit long in the tooth and not a good fielder but in limited time last year accumulated a decent WAR. 126 OPS+ Hit RH 's good too and adds another DH option too. Won't need a another DH with him.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

Colome is not a closer on a competitive team imo. 7th-8th inning guy but not a closer. It’s a lot easier to close games when your 20 games  out of first and out of the playoffs. He doesn’t miss enough bats with his fastball for my taste but oh well he looks to be the guy for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who even fits that criteria? It wouldn’t be Castellanos, Ozuna, or Encarnacion. Steven Souza Jr maybe?

I want a full time RF and a more offensive-minded DH.

Gio and Keuchel  don't inspire me to inquire about season-ticket plans.

Reinsdorf as usual  has come up short again.  I'm completely under-whelmed with this off season so far. 

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GradMc said:

I want a full time RF and a more offensive-minded DH.

Gio and Keuchel  don't inspire me to inquire about season-ticket plans.

Reinsdorf as usual  has come up short again.  I'm completely under-whelmed with this off season so far. 

"Offensive minded DH"

Why would you ever want a Defensive minded DH?

• Haha 3