Remaining Wish List

thxfrthmmrs

6 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I don't want a DH, that can be filled with Collins/Mazara/Grandal.

I would really like a legitimate RF and a RP.

Check out Hunter Pence's splits against lefties. Over1.000 OPS . 18 HR's total in less than 300 AB's High OBP and OPS+. Hits righties well too. No idea about his defense or arm in RF and he is old but can't argue with his numbers as a platoon with Mazara. The amount he'd play against lefties seem perfect for his numbers and age and he can be another DH option. Really no reason the spend extra on a DH.

• Like 2

Four or five legit relievers are still out there.

Utility guy to replace Yolmer who can play RF would be great...but they might stand pat with Leury.  You’ve got Holt, Gennett and Dietrich.

Could go with a C.Hernandez type over Mendick.

EE or Castellanos if the money’s right...and/or they decide not to risk entering the season with Collins at DH taking 70% of the at-bats.  This feels like more of a mid season move at the moment, although Stone keeps teasing another move.

McHugh, although he was critical of Sox over Jimenez (before extension signed.)

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Check out Hunter Pence's splits against lefties. Over1.000 OPS . 18 HR's total in less than 300 AB's High OBP and OPS+. Hits righties well too. No idea about his defense or arm in RF and he is old but can't argue with his numbers as a platoon with Mazara. The amount he'd play against lefties seem perfect for his numbers and age and he can be another DH option. Really no reason the spend extra on a DH.

Agreed.  Conserve resources for mid season or next year at this time.  

Wait on the prospects to show what they can do in AA/AAA...especially Dunning, Stiever, Thompson, Dahlquist and the four remaining outfielders.

EE only played in 109 games, last year. He may be 34, but he can still hit. He also hits both RH and LH pitching, pretty equally. I realize that he is not likely to play every game, but If he had played a full 162 games, his last year's production projects to be as follows:

2B   HR  RBI                     AVG OBP SLG OPS

26 0 50 127 0 1 86 153 .244 .344 .531 .875
Edited by Lillian

9 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Don't think CWS is grabbing another INF with Mendick in the fold for cheap for now

Grandal, McCann, Collins, Abreu, Madrigal, Moncada, Anderson, Mazara, Robert, Eloy, Leury, Engel, Mendick is 13 names right there...Personally would have preferred Yolmer's proven glove, consistent bat, and versatility, but he got too expensive

I also like what Yolmer brings to the WS.  As I've said in earlier posts...Yolmer might be back for around 4 million once he finds out that 6 million isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

Here is a potential lineup, with EE at DH, versus RHP:

SS Anderson

3B Moncada

LF Eloy

DH Encarnacion

C   Grandal

1B Abreu

RF  Mazara

CF  Robert

2B Madrigal

I put the 2 rookies at the bottom of the lineup, until they prove they're worthy of being moved up, closer to the top. However, they could provide terrific offense, at the bottom to the order. Robert with his speed and power and Madrigal with his contact skills and base stealing prowess. That lineup has great speed at the top and bottom, serious thunder throughout and a nice balance of RH & LH hitting. 

Edited by Lillian

33 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I saw a lot of Hunter Pence when he was with the AA Hooks in Corpus Christi.  He was a fun player to watch and he was advanced in his baseball IQ even then.  Pence would make a nice 26th man to be around all these young guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Dietrich is an absolute butcher in the OF though.  Holt seems like a way better fit than him.  Gennett would be interesting obviously if he returned to form.

Yah was moreso considering him as 2B fillin until Madrigal arrives. Could play some 3B on Moncada days off. Wouldn’t really use him in RF much. Leury is who I’d have in RF against LHP.

I’d much rather go after a RF’er than a DH. I don’t want Mazara playing RF defense much, nor should he be in the lineup vs LHP’s. 

Castellanos and Puig are about the only FA OF’ers that profile as a RF...and both leave a good amount to be desired with their D. 

Some trade targets still out there:

Joc would still be nice, even tho he would need a platoon as well.

Reddick would probably be pretty cheap to acquire from the Astros 

Same with Markakis from the Braves

Haniger from the Mariners would be pretty ideal. 

Grandal

Keuchel

1 of  Joc/Haniger/Puig/Reddick

Gio

A RH RP like Bellances/Rondon/Strop

I don’t think anyone could have complained about that offseason 2 months ago. Obviously everyone wanted Wheeler over Keuchel, but at least there was a plan B.

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Buehrle's 2005 eclipsed Keuchel's AL CY season. If you look at the numbers, Buehrle was waaaay better. AINEC. 

Buehrle is quite similar to Konerko as in he's in the hall of very, very good but not quite a HOF. 

So amazing to me that a team with 0 HOFers (Frank was out) swept a team with Clemens, Pettite, Bagwell, Biggio, Oswalt, and Berkman

10 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Cue the wet fart sound effect.

Put me on the record as not liking this. Not a Keuchel fan at all. Hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not even convinced Gio Gonzalez won't outperform him next year on a start for start basis.

Keuchel isn't an ace, and he's really not even a #2 but he's a solid #3 and will probably give you more consistency than Zach Wheeler for a lot less...I'm satisfied

This team needed an innings eater that gives you a chance to win and they got it...for fair value

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lopez or Gonzalez.  All depends on how Reynaldo is doing come late May.

Hopefully Lopez proves himself this year, would be so major   Giolito, Kopech, Kuechel, Cease, Lopez, Gonzalez, Lopez, Rodon is depth I haven't seen here in a long time

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yolmer’s “consistent” bat?

He was always hitting mid-.200's which is better than what we're typically accustomed to

9 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

He was consistently not good with the bat. I’ll give him that. 

i would be surprised if Mendick is on OD roster. 

Not a big Mendick guy either, but it seems the FO is big on him, we'll get a bigger glimpse of him in Spring

7 hours ago, GradMc said:

I want a full time RF and a more offensive-minded DH.

Gio and Keuchel  don't inspire me to inquire about season-ticket plans.

Reinsdorf as usual  has come up short again.  I'm completely under-whelmed with this off season so far. 

If you were expecting anyone on a 9 digit deal that's on you

4 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I’d much rather go after a RF’er than a DH. I don’t want Mazara playing RF defense much, nor should he be in the lineup vs LHP’s. 

Castellanos and Puig are about the only FA OF’ers that profile as a RF...and both leave a good amount to be desired with their D. 

Some trade targets still out there:

Joc would still be nice, even tho he would need a platoon as well.

Reddick would probably be pretty cheap to acquire from the Astros 

Same with Markakis from the Braves

Haniger from the Mariners would be pretty ideal. 

Grandal

Keuchel

1 of  Joc/Haniger/Puig/Reddick

Gio

A RH RP like Bellances/Rondon/Strop

I don’t think anyone could have complained about that offseason 2 months ago. Obviously everyone wanted Wheeler over Keuchel, but at least there was a plan B.

The defense of our Rfer will make or break this team...

20 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Leury is going to Mazaras platoon mate most of the time once Robert and Madrigal are up. Not Engel. 

Why do you believe Leury is the guy? Engel is the better OFr and hits lefties pretty well. I actually think a Mazara/Engel platoon might be strong. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Flash said:

Why do you believe Leury is the guy? Engel is the better OFr and hits lefties pretty well. I actually think a Mazara/Engel platoon might be strong. 

Engel would be my choice as well.  Much better in the field and hitting lefties much better lately.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Flash said:

Because Leury hits lefties better than Engel. Engel sucks man. Any situation where Engel projects to get more than spot starts and late defensive replacement work is a situation I cannot get behind at this point. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because Leury hits lefties better than Engel. Engel sucks man. Any situation where Engel projects to get more than spot starts and late defensive replacement work is a situation I cannot get behind at this point. 

Yes, this is a horrible idea and the Sox should and I believe will do better.  Since when is Engel someone anyone wants to see get significant playing time?

Edited by Moan4Yoan