Hats off to the Front Office

KnightsOnMintSt

7 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Bold...I really like what PHI did

Anytime you can get a #3 starter with a near 4 ERA for $118M...you do it

I’m not sure why you are trying to bash Wheeler so bad.  He’s a 4 WAR guy and Hahn tried to sign him.  Hahn must be a moron for wanting him at $125 million then, right?  He’s good.  Get over it.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not a 3/56. It's a 4/74. It's very likely that option is going to vest. 

I mean 160 innings in both 21 and 22 isn’t a given. If he spends any time any time on the DL either season it gets interesting. I wouldn’t just assume the 4th year is vesting. 

2 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Keuchel for 3/56>Wheeler for 5/$118

This mindset has me signing in to post for the first time in a very, very long time. Wheeler is better than Keuchel, so he would be the better signing. The “savings“ only matter if you use the money, and even then, it’s impossible to make a 1:1 comparison. And even even then, it’s not any of our money so why do we care?

Edited by rcpweiner
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

Positive thread. Let’s be positive. 

im blown away by where we’re at. We still need another bat and ideally we could find a way to have guys like Robert, Madrigal, and Kopech debut with the big club instead of waiting out service times. 

Pretty sure this has no chance of happening, and all the additions are making it much more likely that they don’t make the opening day roster.

5 hours ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Not a chance

Guess who had the superior ERA last year?

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's not a 3/56. It's a 4/74. It's very likely that option is going to vest. 

And STILL better than giving Zach Wheeler 9 digits😂

3 hours ago, Thad Bosley said:

Which team got the better pitcher to help them compete for a championship over the next few years?  The Phillies or the White Sox?

Both teams just got good #3s, Wheeler has a higher ceiling that he's yet to hit at age 30

White Sox just signed their #3 for cheaper and have the depth to not feature him as a their #1

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Going into the offseason, if someone would’ve told me that the Sox would land Yasmani Grandal and Dallas Keuchel, I would be ecstatic. Couple that with Mazara in right and adding Gio to the rotation, I think our guys have quietly had the best offseason of any team so far.

They didn't get a TOR starter like I hoped (Keuchel is not a TOR starter  IMO), but otherwise it's been really good step forward for the rebuild this winter. Fine job White Sox front office.