Castellanos to Reds , rumored 4/64M

Bad Hombre

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Based on what metric?

All of them combined lol.

DRS hes -67 (3rd worst in baseball)

Uzr/150 hes -7.4 (4th worst)

Arm is -9.2 (if he qualified that would be the 2nd worst)

Runs over replacement -18.7 (among outfielders that's 6th worst behind all the DH's I listed and 80 year old Melky Cabrera.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Plus I'll be super upset when micker hits 45 Homer's this year with arm velocity of 105 from the outfield and we have no where to put him!

Then you either trade Castellanos for prospects or Micker for an MLB piece, if something goes wrong.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Plus I'll be super upset when micker hits 45 Homer's this year with arm velocity of 105 from the outfield and we have no where to put him!

That too! Love me some Micker. I think off all our prospects sans Robert, he has the highest upside. If he can stay healthy, he’s talented enough to be a top 25 type prospect a year from now. 

• Like 1

Mazara OUTFIELD Fielding percentage  4 seasons  = .989

Castallanos OUTFIELD fielding percentage 4 seasons = .990

Don't mix in Castellanos defensive  infield stats. Also, Castellanos got better as he learned to play outfield and when he played in a smaller park.  

Ask any Cub fan. Most want him back badly.  Meanwhile, Nick would be an incredible get for Hahn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

That too! Love me some Micker. I think off all our prospects sans Robert, he has the highest upside. If he can stay healthy, he’s talented enough to be a top 25 type prospect a year from now. 

That's the world's biggest IF at this point. 

• Like 1

Just now, tray said:

Don't mix in Castellanos defensive  infield stats. Also, Castellanos got better as he learned to play outfield and when he played in a smaller park.  

Ask any Cub fan. Most want him back badly.  Meanwhile, Nick would be an incredible get for Hahn.

Hard to make errors when you can't get to the ball. Cubs fans will take absolutely anything at this point. 

Edited by mqr

Just now, tray said:

If you get to less balls, you make less errors.

Also known as The Jeter.

• Like 2

I do not love the Castellanos fit for the Sox, unless the cost is really reasonable

His best value would be at DH due to how poor his defense grades out in RF. I'd rather go one year with Encarnacion and evaluate next offseason than buckle up to Castellanos for three to four seasons. 

• Thanks 1

Castellenos is a Boras client. He makes a market when there is none.  chances are we would overpay for him.  Do we want to do that when we are allegedly negotiatiang a 80+ million dollar contract on a player yet to play in the bigs? I think this is b.s. on Sox side.  Boras bringing up the market

This definitely intrigues me. I know his defensive numbers improved last year. I'm not sure where that puts him right now, or if there's room to improve still given his relative lack of experience in the outfield. If his market has fallen off and they can get him on a great deal, then awesome. If he's willing to be a primary DH, then even better.

I think he's become a more dangerous hitter the last year or two, and hopefully he can continue or I'm prove upon that. I think he would be a huge get for the Sox lineup.

Whoever DHs whether it is another signing or already in-house option (McCann, Collins, Etc.), this lineup has player improvements in 5 of 9 positions (Grandal, Mazara, Madrigal, Robert, whoever DHs). Add to that another year for Moncada and Eloy to mature, the returning AL batting champ, and our veteran leader/all-star first baseman. Nice!