Castellanos to Reds , rumored 4/64M

Bad Hombre

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Works for me.  They can throw in Fulmer too.  I'm sure Boddy thinks he can fix him.  

Sure, why not lol.  Extra throw-in!

Vaughn, Stiever, and Fulmer for Senzel.

Hahn mentioned he is still searching for a long-term RF target.  If there is any truth to the Reds making Senzel available, go nuts Rick!

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

That’s cuz you bought into The Score and Twitter rumors far too much.  The Cubs probably won’t have $64 million to spend even if they trade Bryant.

No it’s because I love Castellanos and if we weren’t getting him, I wanted him to torment the Cubs 

14 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Lindor makes a lot of sense for the Reds, but Senzel is nowhere near the rumored Dodgers offer of Lux and May. Lodolo is the only top 100 guy in the Reds minor league system right now. I don't know what value Winker has at this point either, but the Indians OF is terrible so those guys would both be upgrades for them.

The Dodgers never offered Lux and May. Had they done so, Lindor would already be in LA.

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Hahn mentioned he is still searching for a long-term RF target.  If there is any truth to the Reds making Senzel available, go nuts Rick!

Ugh no thanks. Vaughn is better IMO

You do realize Senzel had an 89 OPS+ last year, right?

1 minute ago, Steve9347 said:

The Dodgers never offered Lux and May. Had they done so, Lindor would already be in LA.

I agree, but that's what was floated out there. That's probably what the Indians were asking. Lux alone is still much more valuable than Senzel. May is probably about equal value to Senzel at this point.

Why would the Reds trade Senzel for MiLB assets when they're in win now mode? 

I wouldnt trade vaughn/stiever for Senzel but I am much higher on Vaughn than many here. I wouldn't hate the deal, I just think Vaughn is gonna be a 140-150 wRC+ bat consistently.

9 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’d honestly rather trade for Senzel than go after Betts or Springer next offseason.

Do the Reds need a 1B prospect to replace Votto?  Would Vaughn and Stiever get it done?

That would be giving up way too much for someone who has shown really nothing in 375 AB at the major league level.  Really just trading prospect for prospect at this point.  I would love to have him but Vaughn could easily be rated top 10 prospect in baseball by the end of next year.

3 minutes ago, Justinsettle said:

That would be giving up way too much for someone who has shown really nothing in 375 AB at the major league level.  Really just trading prospect for prospect at this point.  I would love to have him but Vaughn could easily be rated top 10 prospect in baseball by the end of next year.

Senzel was a top 10 prospect by all publications entering last year.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Wow, really nice deal for Castellano's would love to know the opt out rules if there are any. I always thought if Castellanos could prove himself that last years second half wasn't a fluke he could get big money next year. Now he has a chance.

He already got pretty big money, compared to Ozuna.  But yeah, this is a great deal for him.

3 minutes ago, Justinsettle said:

Senzel was rated a top 10 prospect last year.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Senzel was rated a top 10 prospect last year.

Yeah, I think the point being made is it's still a prospect for prospect swap, and one could argue Vaughn is on Senzel's level as a prospect so adding Stiever would be an overpay. Either way, the deal doesn't really make sense for either club.