Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA

Orlando

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

What does signing EE have to do with people not liking the Mazara acquisition?

Because they signed the best C on the market to a franchise record deal yet as soon as they took a chance on a 24 year old specimen, everyone started complaining about money not being spent again and Hahn's a joke and it was fucking December 11th.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Edwin Encarnacion Signs 1 Yr Deal W/Sox - $12M
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to Sox Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M)
Just now, soxfan49 said:

Because they signed the best C on the market to a franchise record deal yet as soon as they took a chance on a 24 year old specimen, everyone started complaining about money not being spent again and Hahn's a joke and it was fucking December 11th.

There’s still an argument to be made that they could have done better in RF over Mazara.  I guess we will find out next season if the move pays off.

• Like 1

Solid move. This could be the year he falls off the wagon, but no long-term risk and if he pans out, nice move to bolster offense.  Will be interesting to see how Sox handle bullpen and/or any other moves they have up their sleeves. Stone keeps hinting at more so I'm very curious what that might be.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

There’s still an argument to be made that they could have done better in RF over Mazara.  I guess we will find out next season if the move pays off.

Just eat it man. 

then be happy like the rest of us

also, you’re past due lose that avatar

Edited by Eloy Jiménez
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

And that was always going to happen. And even though that one isn’t a prime optimization of resources, I get it too and it shouldn’t kill us or anything. 

Agreed. Clubhouse guy and team chemistry are important. 

But still, the only contact that raises my eyebrows this offseason. 

People were worried, thinking the signings were too similar to what we had been doing. Truth is that even Gio is the best free agent, in my mind, that we've acquired in years. 

And he's probably the 4th best of the offseason. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Well no s*** but there was never a need to go off on the GM in early December for trading peanuts for a guy with boat loads of potential, especially when even if he's as good as he was last year, it'd be a big upgrade

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Just eat it man. 

then be happy like the rest of us

also, you’re past due lose that avatar

I’m very happy with all the moves but the payroll is still only at around $120 million.  That’s still in the bottom third of MLB teams after years of being at the bottom.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I don’t think so.  I’m happy with all the moves but the payroll is still only at around $120 million.  That’s still in the bottom third of MLB teams after years of being at the bottom.

We get you’re embarrassed (as you should be), but you have to get over it. 

Eat your crow, lose your narrative, and get past it

Edited by Eloy Jiménez
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

This in my opinion is a poor signing. The 37 year old EE is declining and has blocked Collins who in my opinion would have put up better numbers that EE this season. Like I said before put Collins in RF, Mazara in CF. Yes, I'm sticking to my guns, Luis Robert is too raw and nothing compared to Frank Thomas. Thomas in the minors and his whole career had phenomenal plate discipline and eye. Robert in the minors  last season had 129 KS to 28 bb.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Haha 16

2 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

I’m very happy with all the moves but the payroll is still only at around $120 million.  That’s still in the bottom third of MLB teams after years of being at the bottom.

Still complaining? Goodness.

• Love 3

Just now, Chisox378 said:

This in my opinion is a poor signing. The 37 year old EE is declining and has blocked Collins who in my opinion would have put up better numbers that EE this season. Like I said before put Collins in RF, Mazara in CF. Yes, I'm sticking to my guns, Luis Robert is too raw and nothing compared to Frank Thomas. Thomas in the minors had phenomenal plate discipline and eye. Robert in the minors  last season had 129 KS to 28 bb.

He also hit a ton of bombs, stole some bases and plays electric defense

Go away

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

This in my opinion is a poor signing. The 37 year old EE is declining and has blocked Collins who in my opinion would have put up better numbers that EE this season. Like I said before put Collins in RF, Mazara in CF. Yes, I'm sticking to my guns, Luis Robert is too raw and nothing compared to Frank Thomas. Thomas in the minors had phenomenal plate discipline and eye. Robert in the minors  last season had 129 KS to 28 bb.

That’s all the evidence I need. Awesome signing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

You make me laugh.

• knightni changed the title to Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA
  • bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic