Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Orlando

Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Did you see that Hulu is making it into a TV series with zoe Kravitz as the John Cusack part? It drops on valentine's day.

Didn't see that . Oh well don't have Hulu so guess I'll have to wait a few years to see if it's any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if EE will even be in the lineup opening day, assuming Gio is pitching and whether or not McCann will catch him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mqr said:

I wonder if EE will even be in the lineup opening day, assuming Gio is pitching and whether or not McCann will catch him. 

Train EE for LF, Jiminez for RF, Mazara for CF.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chisox378 said:

Train EE for LF, Jiminez for RF, Mazara for CF.

That might be one of the worst defensive outfields in MLB history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How you haven’t been suspended yet for blatant trolling is beyond me.

It’s as bad as Greg and his Tim Anderson at catcher idea.  I agree that no one could be this clueless but what does the troll get out of it?  Watching the world burn like Joker?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mqr said:

I wonder if EE will even be in the lineup opening day, assuming Gio is pitching and whether or not McCann will catch him. 

It's nice to have these problems. Also nice to see we are looking forward to the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It’s as bad as Greg and his Tim Anderson at catcher idea.  I agree that no one could be this clueless but what does the troll get out of it?  Watching the world burn like Joker?

Attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It’s as bad as Greg and his Tim Anderson at catcher idea.  I agree that no one could be this clueless but what does the troll get out of it?  Watching the world burn like Joker?

To be fair, Greg actually believes, with his genuine but insane baseball philosophy, that Timmy should be a catcher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Sir said:

To be fair, Greg actually believes, with his genuine but insane baseball philosophy, that Timmy should be a catcher.

Thanks sir. All I was saying is he reminds me of Manny Sanguillen and prior to last year his stats were dandy for a catcher. He also has a helluva arm. Let's not discuss this and re-cause a commtion. Just saying I had my reasons, not trolling. The Sir understands me apparently. Thanx.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Watching the world burn like Joker?

😂 Even though this is a toast against me, I get more laughs out of this message board than anywhere else. 

In reality, it will be neat to have all these weapons at our disposal and interesting to see how Ricky uses them in our lineups.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to All!

Edited by Chisox378

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 2:41 PM, mqr said:

I wonder if EE will even be in the lineup opening day, assuming Gio is pitching and whether or not McCann will catch him. 

Lucas Giolito will not require James McCann catch him in 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think the sox make this official this week. I'm sure they need a physical or whatever loose ends to wrap up. I'm not even sure he needs to fly here to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 8:34 AM, Moan4Yoan said:

It’s as bad as Greg and his Tim Anderson at catcher idea.  I agree that no one could be this clueless but what does the troll get out of it?  Watching the world burn like Joker?

I'm pretty sure we don't need to leave the real world to "see the world burn like The Joker" these days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a little weird this hasn't gone official.  Could be as simple as EE hasn't returned to the states his dad's funeral, but its been a while now.  I kind of doubt they'd make him wait this long just so we don't have to DFA one of Zavala/Medeiros/Foster/Fulmer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is a little weird this hasn't gone official.  Could be as simple as EE hasn't returned to the states his dad's funeral, but its been a while now.  I kind of doubt they'd make him wait this long just so we don't have to DFA one of Zavala/Medeiros/Foster/Fulmer.  

Honestly, they could be trying to resolve the catching situation.  If they they are exploring possible McCann deals, they may hold off DFAing Zavala until there is resolution there.  Otherwise, I think it’s pretty clear he’s next on the chopping block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, they could be trying to resolve the catching situation.  If they they are exploring possible McCann deals, they may hold off DFAing Zavala until there is resolution there.  Otherwise, I think it’s pretty clear he’s next on the chopping block.

Is there a time limit to how long a team has to announce something? I would think teams aren’t allowed to sit on these types of things for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy how long this has taken. Is there any precedent for a deal taking this long to go official? Could there be an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, they could be trying to resolve the catching situation.  If they they are exploring possible McCann deals, they may hold off DFAing Zavala until there is resolution there.  Otherwise, I think it’s pretty clear he’s next on the chopping block.

Pretty much what I am thinking however...

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Crazy how long this has taken. Is there any precedent for a deal taking this long to go official? Could there be an issue?

the longer it takes the more my mind starts to think something bad has happened like a physical that detected something like an illness or  a banned substance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling it...Sox announce Encarnacion and Cishek tomorrow, and drop a couple guys (Zavala and Ruiz)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Calling it...Sox announce Encarnacion and Cishek tomorrow, and drop a couple guys (Zavala and Ruiz)

How many options does Ruiz have ? Is there any danger of losing him in any other way besides waivers or a release? 25 yrs old with a nice arm that still has upside seems worthy of keeping. Why not Medeiros ? Does anyone have any updates on Ian Hamilton ? Does he post on Twitter ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How many options does Ruiz have ? Is there any danger of losing him in any other way besides waivers or a release? 25 yrs old with a nice arm that still has upside seems worthy of keeping. Why not Medeiros ? Does anyone have any updates on Ian Hamilton ? Does he post on Twitter ?

Ruiz has 1 option remaining.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×