Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA

Orlando

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How you haven’t been suspended yet for blatant trolling is beyond me.

It’s as bad as Greg and his Tim Anderson at catcher idea.  I agree that no one could be this clueless but what does the troll get out of it?  Watching the world burn like Joker?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

It’s as bad as Greg and his Tim Anderson at catcher idea.  I agree that no one could be this clueless but what does the troll get out of it?  Watching the world burn like Joker?

To be fair, Greg actually believes, with his genuine but insane baseball philosophy, that Timmy should be a catcher.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Sir said:

To be fair, Greg actually believes, with his genuine but insane baseball philosophy, that Timmy should be a catcher.

Thanks sir. All I was saying is he reminds me of Manny Sanguillen and prior to last year his stats were dandy for a catcher. He also has a helluva arm. Let's not discuss this and re-cause a commtion. Just saying I had my reasons, not trolling. The Sir understands me apparently. Thanx.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Watching the world burn like Joker?

😂 Even though this is a toast against me, I get more laughs out of this message board than anywhere else. 

In reality, it will be neat to have all these weapons at our disposal and interesting to see how Ricky uses them in our lineups.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to All!

Edited by Chisox378

• bmags unpinned this topic
On 12/29/2019 at 8:34 AM, Moan4Yoan said:

I'm pretty sure we don't need to leave the real world to "see the world burn like The Joker" these days...

Is a little weird this hasn't gone official.  Could be as simple as EE hasn't returned to the states his dad's funeral, but its been a while now.  I kind of doubt they'd make him wait this long just so we don't have to DFA one of Zavala/Medeiros/Foster/Fulmer.  

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is a little weird this hasn't gone official.  Could be as simple as EE hasn't returned to the states his dad's funeral, but its been a while now.  I kind of doubt they'd make him wait this long just so we don't have to DFA one of Zavala/Medeiros/Foster/Fulmer.  

Honestly, they could be trying to resolve the catching situation.  If they they are exploring possible McCann deals, they may hold off DFAing Zavala until there is resolution there.  Otherwise, I think it’s pretty clear he’s next on the chopping block.

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, they could be trying to resolve the catching situation.  If they they are exploring possible McCann deals, they may hold off DFAing Zavala until there is resolution there.  Otherwise, I think it’s pretty clear he’s next on the chopping block.

Is there a time limit to how long a team has to announce something? I would think teams aren’t allowed to sit on these types of things for too long.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:28 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Pretty much what I am thinking however...

5 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Crazy how long this has taken. Is there any precedent for a deal taking this long to go official? Could there be an issue?

the longer it takes the more my mind starts to think something bad has happened like a physical that detected something like an illness or  a banned substance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Calling it...Sox announce Encarnacion and Cishek tomorrow, and drop a couple guys (Zavala and Ruiz)

How many options does Ruiz have ? Is there any danger of losing him in any other way besides waivers or a release? 25 yrs old with a nice arm that still has upside seems worthy of keeping. Why not Medeiros ? Does anyone have any updates on Ian Hamilton ? Does he post on Twitter ?

58 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

How many options does Ruiz have ? Is there any danger of losing him in any other way besides waivers or a release? 25 yrs old with a nice arm that still has upside seems worthy of keeping. Why not Medeiros ? Does anyone have any updates on Ian Hamilton ? Does he post on Twitter ?

Ruiz has 1 option remaining.

• Thanks 1

• knightni changed the title to Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA