Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA

Orlando

3 hours ago, flavum said:

Encarnacion is listed as #23 on the roster page. He’s never had that uni number in his career.

That may be true but I'm not sure how accurate the numbers are right now. For example, Mazara still doesn't have one and there are two active players (Keuchel and Cordero) listed as #60. 

9 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

That may be true but I'm not sure how accurate the numbers are right now. For example, Mazara still doesn't have one and there are two active players (Keuchel and Cordero) listed as #60. 

Keuchel will almost certainly be wearing #60.  Cordero will likely receive an ATV, or a boat, or some other insanely generous gift for switching his number.  

On 1/8/2020 at 8:55 AM, GGajewski18 said:

I don't see Medeiros getting DFA'd.  When he went to the pen, he was pretty good.  Zavala, Ruiz, Covey, Fulmer I see all go before him.

My prediction is Zavala and Ruiz will be DFA'd for Encarnacion and Cishek.

You should define what you think is pretty good. Do you remember reading he got better when he went to the pen or do you have something to back that up ? I can't see any stretch in the game logs where he was any good. Also have to take into consideration half his games being in a pitcher friendly park. repeating AA, a heck of a lot of walks, wild pitches and HBP's. Being LH and being a high draft pick only takes you so far.

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I came across this shirt online a couple weeks ago.....had to buy it.  

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/6059747-jimmy-biceps?store_id=242134

Oh i like some of those. The Moncada one with the Metallica type font for the M and A is pretty cool cuz you know Moncada and Metallica both start with M and end with A so i like the creativity in the thought process.