Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA

Orlando

22 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

If Vaughn continues to his ascend as a top 15 prospect, Dunning regains his top 100 status, would a Vaughn/Dunning/Stiever package be enough for Clevinger deal mid season?

Nah. Wouldn’t do it. Clevinger isn’t as young as you think he is, and I don’t want to see Vaughn kick our ass for a decade on a division rival.

• Like 2

Just now, Dickie Kerr said:

Nah. Wouldn’t do it. Clevinger isn’t as young as you think he is, and I don’t want to see Vaughn kick our ass for a decade on a division rival.

Fully aware of his age, but he has low mileage on his arm and will still be in his prime when he hits free agency. Unfortunately with cost of elite starting pitching through the roof, that's the price you have to pay.

The inclination against divisional trade is real though, Indians also do not want to trade us Clevinger. Also I just realized Dunning will not be ready by the start of season, so it going to cost us other prospects we don't want to part with.

52 minutes ago, mqr said:

You see but I he also didn’t spend 100 million to do it so it is actually bad  

Daniels got extended for adding 11 fWAR in Lynn and Minor for a fraction of $100 million, haha.

(Interestingly, it should be noted that Minor was one of the top trade targets for the Twins last summer.)

5 minutes ago, Drwhoo1 said:

SMH. We finally have good prospects and some want to trade them. Not 1 but let’s group 2 or 3 of them together.

It's still really TOP-loaded right now.  While we're currently at #5, we will quickly be losing Robert, Madrigal and Kopech to eligibility issues for those rankings as they move on to Chicago.   We had ten major injuries last year (including Rodon), so the hope is that we can rebound enough to be a mid-teens organization by the end of the season (hoping for progress from Vaughn, Dunning, Stiever, Thompson, Dahlquist and one of the four outfielders still in the system.)

A couple pages ago somebody said that they were excited at the possibility of Encarnacion working with Mazara on his launch angle. Do we have any reason to think that’s the case? I mean, it’d be awesome but does he have any history of actively being a mentor to younger guys? Have other teams that he’s been on shown launch angle improvements as a result of his being there? Just curious. 

• Like 1

Seems like Pillar has hit the decline phase defensively and Engel is basically the Jesus Christ of outfield defense so I'm not too high on a Pillar move. I'd rather go for a stronger-hitting corner OF for a platoon guy for Mazara.

1 hour ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

We get you’re embarrassed (as you should be), but you have to get over it. 
lllw, lose your narrative, and get past it

Excuse me this ownership has a long way to go before crow starts showing up on anyone's menu.

For those of us that have endured the Reinsdorf Group and their 5 playoff appearences in 38 years and none in the last 11, ever eating crow is a non-event.

$120 million is chump change.

Keep it moving.

And they should be in the hunt for Mookie and a host of others next off-season.

Stop making excuses for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Jake said:

Seems like Pillar has hit the decline phase defensively and Engel is basically the Jesus Christ of outfield defense so I'm not too high on a Pillar move. I'd rather go for a stronger-hitting corner OF for a platoon guy for Mazara.

Hunter Pence's name has been coming up a lot recently.  Puig looks like he will end up on the Marlins, of all teams.

• knightni changed the title to Sox Officially Sign Edwin Encarnacion (1YR/$12M), Kodi Medeiros DFA
  • bmags unpinned this topic