Sox still looking at Puig?

SoCalChiSox

If you're Puig, why the hell would you sign with the White Sox? For maybe 300 ABs? How is that going to build any value? Plus he is better vs. RHP than LHP. The Sox angle makes no sense unless someone is hurt or going to be traded or suspended.

Bruce, Nightengale, and Stone all say no. They aren't playing games for a part timer.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

If you're Puig, why the hell would you sign with the White Sox? For maybe 300 ABs? How is that going to build any value? Plus he is better from RHP than LHP. The Sox angle makes no sense unless someone is hurt or going to be traded or suspended.

Exactly. The offense is set. They’ll bring in a couple infield NRI guys, but it’s bullpen time and get ready for spring training.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you're Puig, why the hell would you sign with the White Sox? For maybe 300 ABs? How is that going to build any value? Plus he is better from RHP than LHP. The Sox angle makes no sense unless someone is hurt or going to be traded or suspended.

Bruce, Nightengale, and Stone all say no. They aren't playing games for a part timer.

I guess it depends on what the other offers are.   What if all he is getting is starter type offers from teams that will be most likely not making the playoffs and part time type offers from competitive teams?  Hard to say why he would or would not choose the white Sox without seeing the whole picture 

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

I guess it depends on what the other offers are.   What if all he is getting is starter type offers from teams that will most likely not making the playoffs and part time type offers from competitive teams?  Hard to say why he would or would not choose the white Sox without seeing the whole picture 

If he is looking for a pillow contract to rebuild his value for a long-term deal next offseason, Puig will take the starter type offers from teams that will likely not make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Orlando said:

Hector has been spot on guys. His only blemish is trusting Frank Castillo about a Ozuna  and even those tweets always said “according to Frank Castillo”. If he’s saying the Sox are most interested, I’d believe him.

Bruce and Nightengale have been pretty spot on with White Sox stuff this offseason. And Stone got a lot wrong around the league but had Kuechel to the Sox once MadBum's price went through the roof. Adding Puig makes little sense unless there is more more to the story like Mazara moving on. The Sox should spend that money on something they really need, not guys to be back ups who have never been back ups and are questionable at best in the clubhouse anyways.

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Hector has been spot on guys. His only blemish is trusting Frank Castillo about a Ozuna  and even those tweets always said “according to Frank Castillo”. If he’s saying the Sox are most interested, I’d believe him.

I trust Hector in regards to the Dominican players. Cubans, not so much. 

6 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

If he is looking for a pillow contract to rebuild his value for a long-term deal next offseason, Puig will take the starter type offers from teams that will likely not make the playoffs.

That's what I would think. If he plays part time, he is probably going to need another pillow next year.

Hector has always operated like he cared about his credibility. It doesnt seem like he would throw anything out there that he wasn't fairly certain on. He retweeted Bruces tweet from yesterday debunking Sox interest yet he came right back today regardless of Bruces source saying that they are interested? I would trust Hectors inside info over Bruce any day regarding latin talent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shipps said:

Hector has always operated like he cared about his credibility. It doesnt seem like he would throw anything out there that he wasn't fairly certain on. He retweeted Bruces tweet from yesterday debunking Sox interest yet he came right back today regardless of Bruces source saying that they are interested? I would trust Hectors inside info over Bruce any day regarding latin talent. 

Puig's people could easily tell Hector that they are talking to the White Sox to get another team to hopefully up their offer. I don't know why Bob, Bruce and Steve would all say no way if it were true. The Sox don't have a need for Puig at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Puig's people could easily tell Hector that they are talking to the White Sox to get another team to hopefully up their offer. I don't know why Bob, Bruce and Steve would all say no way if it were true. The Sox don't have a need for Puig at all.

I believe this entirely post is accurate 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes we know that but the Sox could also be feeding the three knuckle heads as well and it could be with a motive we aren't aware of. 

The off season is fun again so I am happy for that. 

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

Yes we know that but the Sox could also be feeding the three knuckle heads as well and it could be with a motive we aren't aware of. 

The off season is fun again so I am happy for that. 

I just don't see the motive. I will say IF they really wanted Puig as a back up, and stuck with McCann to catch 40 games, they better not be skimping out on pitching. There would be no excuse.

Edited by Dick Allen