Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SoCalChiSox

Sox still looking at Puig?

Recommended Posts

Would be a heck of a platoon with Mazara, although Puig is about equally as effective against RHP and LHP. Still, for one year 8m would be solid.

Per report on Puig. Very weak market. Puig’s reps looking for “Pillow” contract to help restore his value. Entering Age 29 season. Teams w/ veteran Cuban Players (See White Sox)
interested. Especially for a low risk gamble. 1 Yr $8-$10M probably gets Deal Done.
5:40 PM · Dec 25, 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Would be a heck of a platoon with Mazara, although Puig is about equally as effective against RHP and LHP. Still, for one year 8m would be solid.

Per report on Puig. Very weak market. Puig’s reps looking for “Pillow” contract to help restore his value. Entering Age 29 season. Teams w/ veteran Cuban Players (See White Sox)
interested. Especially for a low risk gamble. 1 Yr $8-$10M probably gets Deal Done.
5:40 PM · Dec 25, 2019

Unless I'm making this up, isn't this like the only tweet/report that has linked us at all to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Would be a heck of a platoon with Mazara, although Puig is about equally as effective against RHP and LHP. Still, for one year 8m would be solid.

Per report on Puig. Very weak market. Puig’s reps looking for “Pillow” contract to help restore his value. Entering Age 29 season. Teams w/ veteran Cuban Players (See White Sox)
interested. Especially for a low risk gamble. 1 Yr $8-$10M probably gets Deal Done.
5:40 PM · Dec 25, 2019

Where did Heyman say this?  This is all I can find about Puig on his twitter feed:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a feeling he's a fall back for Castellanos, who probably isn't getting the offers he expected (Neither is Puig)

Regardless, I think one of them comes here...Give me the cheaper one and I'll be happy

Wonder what Puig's relationship is with Abreu, they had issues in Cuba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Have a feeling he's a fall back for Castellanos, who probably isn't getting the offers he expected (Neither is Puig)

Regardless, I think one of them comes here...Give me the cheaper one and I'll be happy

Wonder what Puig's relationship is with Abreu, they had issues in Cuba

If Puig doesn't get along with Abreu he won't be coming here.  This is Abreu's team.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, poppysox said:

If Puig doesn't get along with Abreu he won't be coming here.  This is Abreu's team.

 

 

I know they made amends when Puig was a Dodger at the ST facility, not sure if that still stands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think Puig could do better than as a platoon bat. If he were willing though, I'd take him as a platoon bat/fallback option to Mazara if he struggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan2014 said:

I would think Puig could do better than as a platoon bat. If he were willing though, I'd take him as a platoon bat/fallback option to Mazara if he struggles.

I expected him to get a 3 year deal roughly $10 a year, now I see reports of him receiving a 1 year deal to improve his stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, if we get Castellanos or Puig to add to this team, that would be simply incredible... I'd be all in.

Right now they've had a good to great offseason.. but give me puig or castellanos and some RP help and WOW. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Man, if we get Castellanos or Puig to add to this team, that would be simply incredible... I'd be all in.

Right now they've had a good to great offseason.. but give me puig or castellanos and some RP help and WOW. 

Theres no where for either to play

Pass.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Man, if we get Castellanos or Puig to add to this team, that would be simply incredible... I'd be all in.

Right now they've had a good to great offseason.. but give me puig or castellanos and some RP help and WOW. 

Puig sucks...I do not understand your infatuation with him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Puig sucks...I do not understand your infatuation with him.

25/25 threat, batting .275, OBP .333 is not so bad. Id imagine he is ok/decent defensively at least. Super energetic a la Tim Anderson. Him and Anderson on the team makes this Sox team must-see TV.

and on top of it, he still has potential for 'that breakout season'.

Edited by iWiN4PreP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

25/25 threat, batting .275, OBP .333 is not so bad. Id imagine he is ok/decent defensively at least. Super energetic a la Tim Anderson. Him and Anderson on the team makes this Sox team must-see TV.

and on top of it, he still has potential for 'that breakout season'.

Puig will never break out unless he dedicates himself to getting better. His best days are behind him He does not work hard at getting better. He admitted it himself. He relies on his own instincts and his own perceived knowledge of the game which in the past has resulted in clashes with coaches about defensive positioning. Everyone knows these things about him which is why he has a soft market.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

25/25 threat, batting .275, OBP .333 is not so bad. Id imagine he is ok/decent defensively at least. Super energetic a la Tim Anderson. Him and Anderson on the team makes this Sox team must-see TV.

and on top of it, he still has potential for 'that breakout season'.

Seems you care more about good TV & brand name players than a winning team & a positive clubhouse.  Puig is a total selfish douchebag and not the type of influence we want around our young players.  He’s simply not good enough to take a gamble on.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems you care more about good TV & brand name players than a winning team & a positive clubhouse.  Puig is a total selfish douchebag and not the type of influence we want around our young players.  He’s simply not good enough to take a gamble on.

I think I don't see his attitude as a problem as you and calisoxfan do. I'm definitely ignorant on the topic and could be totally wrong, but just based off of twitter/other resources it seems like most of his teammates like him outside of a select few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox are gambling on Mazara turning things around. The Rangers were not able to get him to stop chasing balls out of the zone and grounding out.   Grounding into inning killing double plays could get old after a while, especially on a Sox team where RBI guys are up and down the line-up.

I hope the Sox get Castellanos if he could be signed to a 3 year deal for 45-50 with an option for a 4th year.  Mazara can be a 4th outfielder leaving  Engel as  the odd man out.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Puig has had how many chances to prove he is more than a flash in the pan hot name rookie?  2 teams and 5 years later he has more red flags than teams interested?   

No Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×