Steve Stone Hinting At Another Move: Not Puig / Castellanos

Chisoxfn

4 hours ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

That doesnt get the year of control back. Dont see May 1st happening

No need for service time issues if players agree to a generous seven-year deal. I still haven't been told by the experts how bad faith is shown when it is subjective and the team has discretion. Esp for a team that has made numerous seven year offers. Kris Bryant is a little over the top on this issue as well. He is still a North Side *hitman with a glove.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm pretty sure the FutureSox references for him was DickMan .

The cap Z is a wonderful idea and the pride of Rochester NY is in waiting. I claim trademark rights to both nicks. 

3 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

They want to limit his innings as well. It serves two masters. Service time and inning manipulation is easier to do in AAA

It is but the discussion was about trusting his arm. 

I understand that keeping him down is for service time. However that doesnt mean he isn't physically ready.

18 hours ago, tray said:

The Rangers became frustrated with Mazara's inconsistency and lack or progress after 4 years and relegated him as a platoon player.

"If Mazara maintains his current .771 OPS, it would be the highest of his young career. That is the surface. Dig a little deeper and a more nuanced picture emerges. He is striking out more frequently (22.6 percent of the time) than ever and has the lowest on-base percentage of his career (.317) for this date in the season. Mazara has not started six of the Rangers' last 18 games, most of them against left-handers. And there is good reason for that:  No everyday left-handed hitter in baseball has been less effective against left-handed pitching.  Of the 50 qualifiers, Mazara's .230 OBP is last. His batting average (.200) and OPS (.595) are fourth from last.  Those are the stats of a platoon player" link

Given that assessment of Mazara from his prior team, perhaps it would be a good idea for the Sox to look for another outfielder to compliment Mazara  or even to replace  him as the starting RFer. I do not think RF has been solved by tradingffor Mazara, a player who struggled last season and has been very inconsistent.

As far as I concerned, RF is still an open regular position issue.

I would love Puig in that outfield.

Although it's in the making, the Sox don't have an identity as yet.

Puig brings some established street cred - obviously not the level Harper would have. 

Trading for Mookie is out of the question. I don't want them giving up young assets for someone who will definitely be exploring free agency.

Perhaps during the next offseason, elite difference makers will find the Sox intriguing. 

Edited by GradMc

7 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

While I agree that he doesn't have enough history to have an automatic claim to a roster spot, don't use the ERA as the reason.  He was absolutely dominating his first three starts with an ERA below 1.  His ERA only went up to 5.02 because he attempted to pitch a game with a torn UCL in his fourth start, and obviously got shelled as a result.

I was at his debut and watched every inning he pitched thank you.

Edited by SouthWallace

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Orlando said:

More moves on the way?

What was this in response to?  He could just be insinuating that the early season White Sox won't be the finished product.  Which is true becuase Kopech, Madrigal and few pen arms that will contribute will likely all start in AAA.  

3 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

I don't know about you guys but i got " Mike Trout to White Sox for INTL bonus $ and PTBNL" from that cryptic tweet. Stoney is a sly one.

That sounds like a White Sox trade circa trade deadline 2035

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What was this in response to?  He could just be insinuating that the early season White Sox won't be the finished product.  Which is true becuase Kopech, Madrigal and few pen arms that will contribute will likely all start in AAA.  

He just tweeted about Soxfest and then a lot of people responded by asking him about moves. He was asked about Arrenado and shot that down hard. When asked about W/L record for 2020, he responded that.

18 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I'm still not sure about the right field situation. If Mazara bombs out, who's going to replace him?

Mazara isn't going to "bomb out".  At worst he's who he always has been, which is a slightly above replacement level player that hits RHP very well.  Leury will get starts against LHP in RF.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Mazara isn't going to "bomb out".  At worst he's who he always has been, which is a slightly above replacement level player that hits RHP very well.  Leury will get starts against LHP in RF.  

Sox still need a depth piece in the OF, as Eloy and Robert are huge injury risks. Relying on Engel and Garcia to back them up seems like a big risk to me.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox still need a depth piece in the OF, as Eloy and Robert are huge injury risks. Relying on Engel and Garcia to back them up seems like a big risk to me.

Got a guy in mind ? Who haven't we discussed ad nauseum ? Brad Miller and Holt both play OF but not Cf. Who does that leave   Pillar ? He hasn't had an OBP over .303 since 2015. Cameron didnt play much CF the last few years. Leury will just have to do in CF if Robert gets injured. Then you just decide on the infielder ,the Swiss army knife IF/OF you want.