Steve Stone Hinting At Another Move: Not Puig / Castellanos

Chisoxfn

22 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Can anyone explain to me why the Sox think Nomar Mazara will suddenly be able to hit lefties after being terrible against them his entire career? I genuinely don’t get it.

We can only hope they must see some adjustment they feel they can make for him to get him to the next level. There is always a chance he could improve slightly against them to be passable, though I would think he's most likely going to struggle given the statistical history. He did show improvement in the second half once he quieted down his stance - I wonder if he faired better against lefties once those changes took place. Regardless, Stoney and the Sox aren't going to paint any type of narrative that they don't believe in Mazara before he takes a swing in a Sox uniform. Thankfully Leury is at least acceptable against lefties, so he wouldn't be a terrible Plan B if no one else is brought in.

3 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Can anyone explain to me why the Sox think Nomar Mazara will suddenly be able to hit lefties after being terrible against them his entire career? I genuinely don’t get it.

Sure, because they traded for him instead of signing an above average, above replacement level, above DFA candidate OF.  What else are they supposed to say? "We're actually just rolling the dice here".

• Like 1

Steve Stone made some interesting replies to fan questions on his Twitter tonight.  Basically, he shot down any Sox interest in Puig and Zobrist but said Brock Holt is an interesting name when a fan suggested Holt and Brad Miller.

Stone also says Madrigal won’t be rushed so it sure doesn’t sound like he will make the opening day roster.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

Steve Stone made some interesting replies to fan questions on his Twitter.  Basically, he shoots down both Puig and Zobrist but says Brock Holt is an interesting name when fan suggests him.  Stone also says Madrigal won’t be rushed so it sure doesn’t sound like he will make the opening day roster.

Holt would be a really nice bow on the offseason.

There is 0 chance Madrigal is up opening day based on the chatter from the FO and Stone.  There is a reason he hasn't been signed though.  I'm wondering if he wants a legit starting job.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Holt would be a really nice bow on the offseason.

There is 0 chance Madrigal is up opening day based on the chatter from the FO and Stone.  There is a reason he hasn't been signed though.  I'm wondering if he wants a legit starting job.

I think that’s probably it.  Most teams want him as a utility man.  He would likely start at 2B for the Cubs but they have no money to pay him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Agreed. Would love Holt. Much better (bench) player than the Leurys, Engels, etc. of the world. 

He's 31 now so it has to be a 1 final pay day or I want to be a starter thing.  Either way I hope we can get him.  That extends our bench a lot if we get an injury.

4 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I suggested a month or so ago that if they were planning on giving Nomar AB's against lefties that they stick to guys who pitch up in the zone . Nomar already too much of a GB hitter and K machine against lefties to give him any more.

36 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Steve Stone made some interesting replies to fan questions on his Twitter tonight.  Basically, he shot down any Sox interest in Puig and Zobrist but said Brock Holt is an interesting name when a fan suggested Holt and Brad Miller.

Stone also says Madrigal won’t be rushed so it sure doesn’t sound like he will make the opening day roster.

Stone sounds like my echo machine. I've been saying no to Puig and Zobrist forever . Holt was one of the first guys i wanted at the start of the off season and have recently suggesting Miller too or Flores if he's still around.

• Like 1