Steve Stone: more bullpen help is coming

4 minutes ago, black jack said:

Deal as in trade?

Hope not.

I want to keep all three catchers. 

It doesn't necessarily have to be Collins. It could be Rutherford, Gonzalez, Adolfo or Basabe as well. I'd keep the latter two to see if they explode this year. Rutherford or Gonzalez can go for all I care. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don’t worry.  No team would give up 6 years of a top catching prospect for a reliever when there are plenty to sign for chump change.

I would hope not but they've gone out of their way to block any path that he could meaningfully contribute this year and I doubt that's a coincidence unless McCann is being moved. 

It seems like a stretch that someone would give up a decent reliever for one year of James McCann.

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don’t worry.  No team would give up 6 years of a top catching prospect for a reliever when there are plenty to sign for chump change.

You're assuming the Sox still view him as a catching prospect. We've all heard the thoughts from scouts and such that think he needs to be a 1B/DH.

8 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

my god why the fuck is stone the mouthpiece.  he's a non-entity to anybody younger than 35.  sorry I can no longer include myself in that as of this year.

Why is he a non-entity to any fans younger than 35?  Is he out of touch with younger fans because he’s older?  If that’s the case, the majority of announcers are in the same boat as Stone.  Stone tweets about the Sox and even replies to fans questions.  He appears to be staying in touch to me.

Besides, Benetti couldn’t carry Stone’s jockstrap.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 3