Steve Stone: more bullpen help is coming

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I mean, I haven't followed him closely, but hasn't he actually been pretty spot on?  He's either really good at guessing, or maybe he has a source or two.  

6 hours ago, fathom said:

He also had the Mazara info 20 minutes before it broke 

On that subject...

OK, this whole Ceshek closing thing is old news folks.  I'm talking going foward.  Hudson feared being a closer.  The Nats trusted him in high leverage situations including closing down the stretch and he succeeded.  I have a feeling he will take off from there and be a solid high leverage guy for whoever gets him. 

Ceshek is just washed up junk at this point.  I wouldn't trust that guy to pitch for me in the 8th inning.  Sorry. 

4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

He’s more of a known name, just pitched in the World Series as well

No he's not.  Ceshek has had the better career and was on our local TVs for the past 2 seasons.  

Need to look at this more not for what they've done, but for what you expect to get from them for the two seasons (assuming they can be had for a two year deal which after the Harris deal doesn't look likely). 

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

OK, this whole Ceshek closing thing is old news folks.  I'm talking going foward.  Hudson feared being a closer.  The Nats trusted him in high leverage situations including closing down the stretch and he succeeded.  I have a feeling he will take off from there and be a solid high leverage guy for whoever gets him. 

Ceshek is just washed up junk at this point.  I wouldn't trust that guy to pitch for me in the 8th inning.  Sorry. 

Cishek had 6 saves last regular season.  Hudson has 8.  Your arguments aren’t holding much water.

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

He had a 2.95 era and was .1 WAR less this last season than Hudson. If he’s washed up Hudson is right there with him. Also, good thing we have Bummer for the 8th. Either one of these guys should be a 6-7th inning type of pitcher. If either are closing for the Sox then something has gone very wrong.