Steve Stone: more bullpen help is coming

11 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Yeah I imagine the communications and media departments are very intermingled with player personnel department, very closely related nowadays

Yeah IDK why legendary sportscaster Steve Stone would be getting any information at all from the front office when theres a direct pipeline.

You're right, he should save it for the REAL insiders with less direct communication.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Don’t worry.  No team would give up 6 years of a top catching prospect for a reliever when there are plenty to sign for chump change.

Depends on what the team thinks of said catching prospect. They know more about him than anyone else.

37 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Kela is an interesting name and should be had for cheap it seems, wonder who else is available

Would be interested in extending Kela before he even played here

Kela is rumored to be a clubhouse cancer. If Sox are interested, wonder if they make it a bigger trade and target Adam Frazier also.

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If Madrigal is being held down for service time reasons, that’s like two weeks.  I think Leury and Mendick can manage that.

Personally I doubt he'll be here in that short of time. People forget Madrigal's numbers in AAA were solid but that last game of the season when he went 5-5 kinda skewed his overall stats. I think he'll need a bit more time than 2 weeks. Now Robert on the other hand is a different case. 

Plus Frazier does play the OF too FYI.

Edited by SoxAce

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Collins makes a lot more sense if they have any belief he can catch

He’d make more sense for the Pirates, but far less sense for us.  I know Zack has limited trade value right, but giving him up for a reliever with one year of control (plus questionable character) would be terrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kela is rumored to be a clubhouse cancer. If Sox are interested, wonder if they make it a bigger trade and target Adam Frazier also.

Here are the links:

https://theathletic.com/1138512/2019/08/16/pirates-clubhouse-chemistry-keone-kela-suspension-euclides-rojas-kyle-crick/

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2019/08/17/Keone-Kela-perception-problem-takes-issue-Pirates-reliever-Clint-Hurdle/stories/201908170043

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was actually going to throw out a Kela for McCann idea but didn’t think the Pirates would be interested in a one year stop gap.

I don't think the Sox are interested in a one year (potential) stop gap either and this isn't even counting the cancer rumors.

Just now, SoxAce said:

I don't think the Sox are interested in a one year (potential) stop gap either and this isn't even counting the cancer rumors.

I don’t see us trading prospects for a one year stop gap, but I could see the Sox trading McCann for one if it’s the right reliever.  Maybe that’s not Kela though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Which is why I don’t think it’s Kela (or just for him).

I'm with you Fathom.  I can see why Collins might not have a fit on the roster, but I still want him DHing against RHP even with Encarnacion.  For Kela, I would not give up Collins.  I'd give up an A ball player.  I don't think Kela would require much in trade.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I respect this, especially with Holt out there. Just seems Stoney was heavily hinting at a trade.

Exactly...just sign Holt to a 2/$8M deal vs trading something extra for two years of Adam Frazier.

Also, I could see Mychal Givens being a guy that’s both available and someone we’d be interested.  I’ll predict we trade one of OF prospects for him.