2020 Celebrity Death Thread

knightni

15 minutes ago, Brian said:

I don't remember ever hearing she was diagnosed, not that it had to be made public, but this one is super sad to me. I had such a crush on her after I saw Twins as a kid.

Cancer sucks.

I wonder if she was even treated.  One of the hallmarks of Scientology is a big anti-medicine stance.  There is a belief that if you are not well, that it is because YOU are not in a right place, so you don't need medical treatment to get better.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/l-ron-hubbard-on-cancer/

For years, new episodes of Mythbusters was must see TV for my family.  I hear today the very sad news that one of the Mythbusters' hosts, Grant Imahara, has died at the age of 49.  He's probably up in heaven now creating a new Rube Goldberg machine.  Rest in Peace, Grant.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, knightni said:

Olivia DeHaviland, 104 - Oldest living actor when she passed. Known for Gone With The Wind.

I'm starting to notice the ages more. 85 versus 104. That's a big difference. In my thirties I'm certain I would have thought 85 sounds fine. Now, meh, I want 105

• 3 weeks later...

Chadwick was obviously more than the T'Challa character but that role was such a cultural touchstone and carried so much weight. The man spent his last 4 years creating iconic art knowing he wasn't long for the world, suffering in silence. Sigh.

• Like 6