Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
knightni

2020 Catch-All

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Texsox said:

The have a Churchill so Texan isn't even necessary. But I agree, Murphy would be great.

Between him and Sgt. York (Tennessee), they have two southern boys that are absolute heroes.  There shouldn't be anything named after Lee or Beford-Forest or any other confederate.  Name them all after these two.  Or there is the choice of literally thousands of other heroes that fought in the name of the United States.

Edited by turnin' two
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Between him and Sgt. York (Tennessee), they have two southern boys that are absolute heroes.  There shouldn't be anything named after Lee or Beford-Forest or any other confederate.  Name them all after these two.  Or there is the choice of literally thousands of other heroes that fought in the name of the United States.

My district uses Supreme Court Justices. Some household names like Marshall or O'Connor. Some more obscure like Harlan or Taft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Texsox said:

My district uses Supreme Court Justices. Some household names like Marshall or O'Connor. Some more obscure like Harlan or Taft

Is Taft obscure?  I mean, he was president... but maybe more obscure as a judge.  But all in all that's a pretty good method.  Except maybe not for long as even the justices are politically nuclear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, turnin' two said:

Is Taft obscure?  I mean, he was president... but maybe more obscure as a judge.  But all in all that's a pretty good method.  Except maybe not for long as even the justices are politically nuclear.

Obscure as a judge. I'm at Brandeis which is comfortable politically. Not that namesakes have much influence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heartbreaking to see so much destruction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we allowed to start a thread or comment here about the riots in Chicago Sunday night? Heard and read it was bad. Hope everybody is safe amid the chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pro: still have a job
Con: can't really do anything, nothing to spend money on thanks to COVID-19
Pro: can use this extra money to finish basement sooner and have wet bar installed
Con: Cannot actually have company over to justify this expense, thanks once again to COVID-19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lostfan said:

Pro: still have a job
Con: can't really do anything, nothing to spend money on thanks to COVID-19
Pro: can use this extra money to finish basement sooner and have wet bar installed
Con: Cannot actually have company over to justify this expense, thanks once again to COVID-19

Does your employer have any need of a scientist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does your employer have any need of a scientist?

The federal government? Errrr... maybe later? After... you know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lostfan said:

The federal government? Errrr... maybe later? After... you know.

If this goes past January there's a good chance I'm willing to do pure evil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Death Valley may just today have set the record for highest temperature ever reliably recorded by humans.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So Death Valley may just today have set the record for highest temperature ever reliably recorded by humans.

 

It was in the low 70s today for the first time in about 2 months where I was, 2600 miles away, therefore this is not real because my unique experience does not support it #PostLikeAFuckingIdiot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long article worth a read. It's in the New York Post not written BY the Post for those who always discredit things. NYC is dead forever. Think Chicago isn't close to being dead as well? This guy who owns a comedy club, a good comedy club, moved when the mob tried to get in his building. 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Long article worth a read. It's in the New York Post not written BY the Post for those who always discredit things. NYC is dead forever. Think Chicago isn't close to being dead as well? This guy who owns a comedy club, a good comedy club, moved when the mob tried to get in his building. 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

LOL, just a bunch of fear mongering.  It will probably change, like everywhere else over time, but c'mon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Long article worth a read. It's in the New York Post not written BY the Post for those who always discredit things. NYC is dead forever. Think Chicago isn't close to being dead as well? This guy who owns a comedy club, a good comedy club, moved when the mob tried to get in his building. 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

I mean we all know the world never recovered after the 1918 outbreak, or even after the Plague, so obviously this is the end of the world.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder who will make the last post on Soxtalk before the world ends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

LOL, just a bunch of fear mongering.  It will probably change, like everywhere else over time, but c'mon.

It was written by a guy who owns a popular comedy club in NYC. Did u read it? Very very interesting and troubling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, greg775 said:

It was written by a guy who owns a popular comedy club in NYC. Did u read it? Very very interesting and troubling.

Who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, greg775 said:

It was written by a guy who owns a popular comedy club in NYC. Did u read it? Very very interesting and troubling.

So was it mean to be funny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Big Hurtin said:

Who cares?

I care about our big cities turning into boarded up war zones. Sorry if nobody else does. I thought it was an interesting take by a guy who lives in NYC and owns a business there. My bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greg775 said:

I care about our big cities turning into boarded up war zones. Sorry if nobody else does. I thought it was an interesting take by a guy who lives in NYC and owns a business there. My bad.

Imagine.  All of the time we could have been preparing for this, fighting this, and trying to help people through his was completely pissed away.  Not sure how people see what is going on in the rest of the world and don't realize that we COULD have done this, but instead, the President and 40% of the country decided that science was no longer a thing, and here we are.  Economic collapse and no hope on the horizon, while the rest of the world gets back to a normalish existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, greg775 said:

Long article worth a read. It's in the New York Post not written BY the Post for those who always discredit things. NYC is dead forever. Think Chicago isn't close to being dead as well? This guy who owns a comedy club, a good comedy club, moved when the mob tried to get in his building. 

https://nypost.com/2020/08/17/nyc-is-dead-forever-heres-why-james-altucher/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow&__twitter_impression=true&__twitter_impression=true

As someone who lives here...Nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×