White Sox Sign Robert to Extension

Sleepy Harold

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Gotta get Moncada and Giolito done too. Those are gonna be more expensive. 

Giolito is four seasons away from free agency, I think an extension could make sense for both sides. 

Giolito could get paid much sooner, and could give the Sox two option years on the backend of a potential extension. 

Moncada is also four years away from free agency, but a deal might be tougher there. 

Just now, shipps said:

What would have been his remaining controlled years if he didn’t sign this deal? 

Uh, they gain a year plus in this deal.

The real win here though is any changes to the CBA regarding service time probably won't happen to a signed player. 

Just now, steveno89 said:

Giolito is four seasons away from free agency, I think an extension could make sense for both sides. 

Giolito could get paid much sooner, and could give the Sox two option years on the backend of a potential extension. 

Moncada is also four years away from free agency, but a deal might be tougher there. 

I'm more concerned about Moncada getting away than Giolito. If Moncada has a season better than last year, give him the deal that they offered Machado with 2 mutual options on the backend. 

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

Moncada is going to be borderline impossible to get done I would think. 

It would have to be a pretty big number. I'm hoping his talk about being on the White Sox for his whole career wasn't just pandering. 

• Like 1