White Sox Sign Robert to Extension

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

I think the Sox could find a way to get Moncada done, although the numbers would likely be eye popping. 

Yup. It's going to be a ridiculous extension but the fact is he's likely to be worth it.

Edited by Eloy Jiménez
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Yup. It's going to be a ridiculous extension but the fact is he's likely to be worth it.

This is the best all around player they've had in my lifetime. Can't let him get away. 

They didn't let Frank get away so I hope they treat Moncada with the same reverence. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Hahn has time, but this is the guy you might just have to bite the bullet and pay large sums of money.

yeah, these deals tend to happen when teams have the leverage. Moncada has all of it right now. 

We will get a deal done with Yoan when the time comes. We will probably lose Eloy in 7 years though after giving Yoan, Gio, and probably Kopech good deals. If for some reason Yoan can't be retained, we will probably trade him for a King's ransom and replace him with a FA. If you take him off this team, we can still win with the rest of the talent that will be here. 

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

With Moncada MLB adding a franchise tag would be nice. 

I think that this will happen in the new CBA. To get rid of the manipulation, players will get paid earlier. In return, I think teams will get the franchise for 1 home grown talent per year and a max of two tags per player. 

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

Listen... if Moncada truly ends up being a superstar, then you effing pay him what he deserves. If they let their own guy go, big ticket free agents will never look at the White Sox.

I agree. But I don’t think it gets done early. 

Just now, chetkincaid said:

Listen... if Moncada truly ends up being a superstar, then you effing pay him what he deserves. If they let their own guy go, big ticket free agents will never look at the White Sox.

Yeah. Is what it is right now. You have three years of exclusive negotiating. Let’s just celebrate what we have now, which is now all of our top acquired talent in the majors on opening day. If we have to pay Moncada “a lot”, so be it.

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The Score is absolutely blowing the Sox for once.  Funny to hear.

At least Laurence Holmes will mix in some White Sox talk usually. Wouldn't be surprised if the afternoon guys have a 15 minute segment on the Sox and then talk about how bad Mitch Trubisky is for 4 hours. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2